“Best Beach”

Bonaire Windsurf Place
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Nice beach and ambiance, best place to learn how to windsurf. The crew is great with kids. Kids as young as 3 years old can try out, the guys are great with them. The Beach Hut restaurant has great food and good service. All in all a great place to spend a day at the beach relaxing and having some fun in the sun.

1  Thank DVrolijk
There are newer reviews for Bonaire Windsurf Place

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great equipment, staff, and food. We rented equipment for a week and they were excellent getting us set up each day and changing our sails when needed.
The food and bar are a fun place to relax and watch all the pros do their thing.
Nice break from the dive scene on the other side of the island.

1  Thank MDDive
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Don't go here if you are a beginning. Can't speak to their operation for experienced windsurfers but their costs are WAY too expensive for the first-timer.

We scrapped the idea of trying windsurfing when I saw the prices. $50.00 for the lesson seemed reasonable but the footnote states that the price did NOT include equipment rental...so, add another $145.00 for the minimum of 2 days for equipment for a low-end total of $195.00 per person!!

Jibe City is $50.00 for the 2-hour lesson and free-time, and the price INCLUDES the equipment, insurance, fees, taxes, etc. Skip BWP and go to Jibe City, you won't be disappointed.

4  Thank skalten
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I will start by saying I had never tried this at all. However, the other windsurfers that were there seemed to be enjoying themselves. I took a lesson with one other person and learned the basics. It was a lot more difficult than most other water sports that I have previously attempted. I found the lesson to be only mildly helpful as I never learned exactly how to steer the board. Further, it was a little more difficult because the rental sail and board had been well worn and were not in great condition.

1  Thank checht96
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Great gear, professional staff and my friend's massage studio on site. Perfection.

1  Thank caribchakita