“awesome”

Kiteboarding Bonaire
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiteboarding Bonaire is a IKO kiteboard school on the island Bonaire. We offer kiteboard lessons, rentals, Stand up paddle boards. Bonaire is a true kitesurfers paradise. 300 days of wind per year and warm crystal clear waters.-IKO certified-Professional instructors-over 10 years experience-Boat guided lessons-Top Brands-Food and drinks
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Today I finally booked a kite lesson and was a little nervous at first before I got on the water. But these helmet with communication radio are awesome and you will feel as if the instructor is right there with you to keep you calm...at the end of the first hour on the board I ended doing a back roll and kite loop and mega loop or something like that...I need to learn the names of the tricks now...it was awesome...my advise is to get down there and ask for a lesson and have a blast...thanks to Syl Romijn and Cecile...see you there.

1  Thank Caesar F
There are newer reviews for Kiteboarding Bonaire

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I spent more time at Kiteboarding Bonaire than anywhere else during our stay in Bonaire. We had a great time here and I learned a lot. In fact, this is where I became a bona fide kiteboarder. Freek and Roan, the owners of Kiteboarding Bonaire, have a great setup with a team of enthusiastic and helpful instructors. I did not take lessons here but the fact that they had boat support was invaluable since I needed a boat pickup for the first few days. It's an off-shore wind here and I had to learn to ride up wind. Although it may not seem ideal for the wind to be offshore, I think it is much safer for a new kiter. You don't have to worry about other kiters since you will likely ride way downwind of most them. Knowing that you can be quickly rescued by the boats makes you able to work on your skills and enjoy the ride. The Kiteboarding Bonaire team was very helpful with equipment suggestions and very encouraging as I made progress. I also have to mention how much I enjoyed seeing turtles and flying fish as I kited and best of all - riding with the dolphins! When not kiting, it was great to just hang out in the shade, underneath the awning where chairs and bean bags are provided. And although embarrassed to admit it, free wifi is a big plus. Thanks to Kiteboarding Bonaire for an unforgettable experience! Tot Ziens!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I highly recommend Kiteboarding Bonaire to anyone that wants to learn. Ideal conditions and awesome instructors. With the instructor always close by in a boat and the use of a radio helmet it made learning to kiteboard fun, easy and safe. These guys will get you up and going.

Thanks again Freek, Otto, Frankie, Michael and Emeick. I had a great time and I'll be back.

Mandy

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spent two weeks learning to kitesurf. Had a wonderful time. Great group of people. Ask for Otto!

Jonathan

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I took up kiting attempts sporadically about two years ago in Hatteras to keep up with my husband. Took some extra lessons on a trip to Exuma and this past December in Los Barriles. Was up and riding but with no control. Peter was AMAZING- in three lessons I became comfortable riding both directions and staying upwind in off shore conditions. The radio helmets and instructors in the boat with you make a huge difference in their ability to observe and comment on you and your confidence. Peter corrected a lot of problems but was encouraging and focused on good technique and safety as well. Regarding some of the other reviews on prices, we confirmed times and hourly rates by email before arriving with Roan and Otto and things were as agreed, no issues. The location was spectacular and riding the last day with my hubby over turquoise water and turtles made the trip. Would recommend it highly.