“When you like wildlife in your room...”

Hamlet Oasis Resort
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“When you like wildlife in your room...”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The appartment looked realy nice when we arrived. All the rooms had airco and were spacy, nicely decorated. At night though, in the kitchen, huge cockroaches appaered when the lights where turned off.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank annejanz

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winterswijk
Reviewed 12 March 2011

for divers and snorklers the ultimate, affordable, place to stay.
Just 2 minutes away from Captain Don's habitat (with good restaurant(s), bar & divingopportunities and only 1,5 minute away from the private dive school en divesite Cliff (no. 26).
So what more do you want ?
Even a little supermarket is just opposite the bungalows.
To travel the island and get to all the great dive & snorkelsites : rent a pick up !
And, if you've got the time: visit Washington Slagbaai & the lagune !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hermworp
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We stay there for a week and the room was nice and clean. It's pretty much the same as the photos on their web site. I forgot my coat on the last day and the manager bring my coat to the airport eventhough she'll already off for the day. That was very nice of her.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Tpfee
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 March 2009

This was our 3rd trip to Bonaire in 2008, and we stayed at Hamlet Oasis all 3 times. If your looking for nice rooms at a great price, this is the place. Ellen has helped us each time we booked our trip. She is very helpful and friendly. We rent the studio which has a Small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, cooktop. Rooms have satilite TV, a/c, safe. We also enjoy the on site dive shop, with a great dive site (Cliff) right behind the dive shop. We are going back to Hamlet Oasis in April, 2009. We found our perfect little get away and fantastic diving!!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Diverkel-Colorado
Toronto
Reviewed 28 October 2008

First off, I have to say that I never even had the opportunity to stay at this property because the management company frustrated me so much during the booking process, that I ultimately was forced to seek alternative accommodation.

Payment was required in full by wire transfer. Paying by credit card would incur a 5.26% surcharge. I spent $35 and took the time to have my bank wire the requested funds ( 100% of the rental ) in advance, to the bank they had indicated. About three days later, my bank advised me that the wire transfer had been rejected because the "Beneficiary" did not exist.

I contacted the property manager in Bonaire in attempt to get some assistance in getting the invoice paid. I was stunned to be told, "Sorry, there is nothing we can do. The problem is with your bank." This was three weeks before our planned departure date. There was absolutely no co operation on their part at all. My email to the manager himself went without even the courtesy of a reply.

We finally abandoned any plan of staying at this property and were lucky to find another one on such short notice. The management company Bonaire Partners, who manage Hamlet Oasis, did not give a good first impression of Bonaire at all. If not for the fact that my wife and I enjoyed Curacao, we would have walked away from Bonaire based on this experience. I have conveyed this to their local tourist board.

Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple