“Good random lunch”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is where the local city workers go on a random Monday. That gives it authenticity in my book. It offers authentic Argentinian food. We chose the buffet style lunch which offered rice, choice of chicken breast with a delicious sauce or a sort of stew with salty beef and pork. My wife had one and I had the other. Both were equally good.

Great place for lunch when you are looking for no frills but a good hearty lunch

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Upon entering the restaurant we were cordially greeted by the only waiter in sight and invited to sit anywhere in the restaurant. We chose to sit on the veranda to enjoy some of the sun. The place looks pretty but is outdated and needs upgrading.

My partner asked for the special which was a buffet of which you could select one protein (fish/chicken/spare ribs) and any sides available. The menu had various options which seemed rather over priced but I figured will see the quality before judging the price. My partner went for the special buffet and I went for a rib eye grilled medium. The rib eye came with a side of fries and rice and salad.

Buffet had various side options but the chicken was slightly on the dry side. The rib eye was also slightly overcooked. Some parts of the meet were medium but others were well done. Accompanying salad was bland - some lettuce, tomato and grated carrots. Asked for some dressing to add some flavour.

The waiter came to enquire several times to ask how the food is and if we needed anything. Well done for service! Overall it was an average experience which I doubt will be repeated.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

It was approx 3 years ago that we last had diner in this place. I am afraid the quality of the food has deteriorated, but it was still acceptable for the prices charged.

When opening the wine the waiter/owner spilt half a glass on my trousers. A feeble excuse followed. No offer of any compensation. Rather rude.

I am afraid I cannot recommend this place

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The Casablanca is not located overlooking the water but it is convenient to downtown Kralendijk and within walking distance from where we were staying, so we decided to try it. Although high season, the Casablanca was not packed like most restaurants are this time of year for early dinner.

Service was good, not great, but we enjoyed the food. We tried the special of the day, which consisted of fresh Wahi and chicken, a very small portion of cooked veggies, and delicious garlic french fries. Our other entree was fried shrimp and calamari with the veggies and fries; the batter was absolutely delicious and shrimp and calamari so tasty, but one section of the calamari did not get fully cooked: calamari batter was doughy and food was not cooked at all. The waiter did apologize for this when we brought this to his attention, but that was all. A salad bar came with the meal and though not spread with a huge selection of items, it was good and dressings were delicious.

Bottom line: Casablanca was good overall, not stellar. Food is very overpriced for what you get, but compared to other restaurants on Bonaire, prices were comparable.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Since it's an Argentinian grill, thats what we ordered, the mixed grill. It came with steak, sausage, ribs and chicken. The chicken was my favorite, closely followed by the ribs. Our server was Alberto, he was attentive and kind and thoughtful. Definately made our experience much nicer. The wine list was adequate for just about anyone. It's a very welcoming environment. Definately worth a visit!