“Dive Friends Bonaire Sand dollar”

Dive Friends Bonaire
Ranked #5 of 68 Tours in Kralendijk
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center on the island of Bonaire - "Diver's Paradise!" With 8 locations around the island, you won't have to travel far to pick up or drop off tanks, get advice about good shore dive sites, sign up for dive training, shop for cool new gear or just relax with a cold drink and meet some new dive buddies.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dive Friends Bonaire Sand dollar”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Sand Dollar and used Dive Friends, they were very friendly and excited to help you make your diving trip one that you will remember. Isla always has a quick wit and ready to give you some weight if you do not have enough on the check out dive. Tank fills alone are one reason I would come back, they were true fills not 2700 or 2800 psi, Did I say Isla was also very knowlegable about the area and can point you in the right directions, and having the other shops that you can stop at and switch tanks save you time and gas, and another big shout out to Isla for taking a idea of having water for us when we get out, ( they put a water jug with fresh water and cups in the tank room just in case you forgot your) They really are "DIVE FRIENDS OF BONAIRE"

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Edfdiver

London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Excellent instruction, friendly and helpful team”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I completed my PADI Open Water Diver course with Dive Friends Yellow Sub and I highly recommend the quality of teaching given there. I had completed the e-learning at home and so undertook an intense 1.5 day course to complete the Confined and Open Water dives. This was undoubtedly an intense experience for someone who had never dived before and I was nervous about some of the dive skills - but the instructors were fantastic, providing reassurance and motivation, alongside clear and quality teaching. They also made it clear that there was no rush to finish the course and we could take all the time we needed, which was much appreciated. It was great to combine the confined water diving with open water dives directly on the reef in the same day. The team were supportive and encouraging, all very friendly and kind.

Upon completion of my course Dive Friends were extremely helpful in suggesting dive sites for my partner and I to try on the island - all in all great service and instruction, really friendly and welcoming staff - highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Up_In_The_Air_3
Santa Marta, Colombia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best diving I ever had”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Bonaire is to me one of the best diving locations in the Caribbean. To me it appeared that the fish are bigger and less shy than in all other places I've ever seen, and this in front of the stunning coral and sponge backdrop is unique. But what made it even better was the great service of Dive-Friends. First off the staff: Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. One great other benefit is that they have stations in 5 locations on Bonaire. That means you can pick up equipment in one location and return it somewhere else. This came in handy when my private BCD gave up the ghost. I just got out of the water walked into their next shop. The staff member gave me a rental BCD with the comment that he calls the station where I was signed in. So easy! Instead of having a ruined day with no diving, I was back in the water ten minutes after my BCD had broken. For me another important asset is their environmental engagement. Four times a year they organize and sponsor clean-up dives. They also started a campaign called Debris Free Bonaire. These folks love their jobs and look after their workspace - the beautiful underwater world of Bonaire. Good job - keep on going Dive-Friends!!!

1 Thank Thorsten B
Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Would recommend Dive Friends”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We visited Bonaire April 19 - 26. We used Dive Friends as our dive operator for shore diving. This was our first trip to Bonaire, so we had a lot of questions. We emailed back and forth to Carolyn, who was excellent to work with. She answered all our questions thoroughly and even provided a couple of extra tips we didn't think about like bringing see-through, plastic shopping bags with us to use when carrying our towels, water, etc in our rental truck to dive sites. Even placing these inexpensive type items in a nicer beach bag laying in the truck could encourage theft allowing someone to think maybe nicer items were inside. She advised us to bring those from home since the local grocery stores do not provide plastic shopping bags to customers like they do here in the USA. Tim, at the Port Bonaire location, also spent a lot of time with us recommending some dive sites that would work well with our skill level since we still our fairly new divers, only been diving about four years now. We did our first night dive at the Salt Pier with Tim too. We had a blast. I'm not sure if other dive operators are like this or not, but we really liked that you do not have to commit to a dive package upon arrival. We did the diving we wanted to do throughout the week and Dive Friends will then billed us based upon what comes out cheaper in the end for the amount of air we used. We did rent our BCDs and Regs for the week, and the equipment was in very good condition. They also have several locations on the island, and you may drop off / pick up tanks at any of them during your stay. I would definitely recommend Dive Friends.

2 Thank wbl3
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving with Dive Friends was Excellent”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We're back from our first time visit to Bonaire and definitely will be back. Incredible place to dive. Big thanks to Dive Friends in Bonaire. We stayed at the Sand Dollar and dove with Dive Friends. Ilsa at the shop was wonderful. She was always there to help and give us advice on different dive sites and entries. We enjoyed sitting an discussing dives and id'ing the critters we had seen. We liked having multiple locations to pick up tanks at the different Dive Friends shops and each one we went into the staff was great and so helpful.

Special shout out to Devin for leading an awesome UV night dive. We had a great time and a very unique experience.

We will be back to Bonaire soon and definitely will dive with Dive Friends again.