“They have it all - great service and environmental protection initiatives”

Dive Friends Bonaire
Ranked #5 of 64 Tours in Kralendijk
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center on the island of Bonaire - "Diver's Paradise!" With 8 locations around the island, you won't have to travel far to pick up or drop off tanks, get advice about good shore dive sites, sign up for dive training, shop for cool new gear or just relax with a cold drink and meet some new dive buddies.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Kiel, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They have it all - great service and environmental protection initiatives”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visited Bonaire for several weeks in April-May 2014 and found the diving to be absolutely wonderful! Sites are easy to access, and even when diving the same site multiple times, there was always something new to see. Dive Friends Bonaire was the perfect choice for diving. All the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable. They helped me identify lots of reef fish and introduced me to REEF. With their multiple locations, we could pick up or drop off tanks at any location, which was really practical and saved us time and hassle moving tanks around. We participated in their quarterly clean-up dive (where they supply free air) and also collected a few bags of plastic garbage as part of their Debris Free Bonaire initiative. To me, it's really important to protect the environment so we can continue to enjoy it in the future, and Dive Friends was the perfect fit for that. A big thank you to Carolyn and the entire team at Dive Friends for the wonderful time!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laura W

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dive School on Bonaire”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I are (Canadian) locals that have been diving on Bonaire for ten years. We took the diver rescue course with Chris Sollie and several other courses with Michael who has over 3,000 dives. Also six of our visiting nieces and nephews have been certified with Dive Friends over the years. Two points...When you are experienced and you take a course with the best you realize how complacent you have become. In our case, we realized our recent training was long overdue because we will continue to introduce family and friends to this great activity. Secondly, when you spend half the year on the island, you notice the continual improvement and a commitment to excellence that Dive Friends has always embraced. Bravo and Thanks to the team!

1 Thank Val-lidmanofmystery
Boise, Idaho
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Just left my friends "Dive Friends" on Bonaire”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just got home from my 3rd visit to Bonaire and diving with my friends (Dive Friends). My wife is a non diver so my challenge is finding people to dive with when traveling. Last year I "bought" a dive buddy, I used the guide dive option with Dive friends. A little more expensive than boat dives but oh so much better. I get tired of diving Klein Bonaire, and doing the gudied dives allowed me to experience the true diamond of Bonaire - shore diving. We are already planning our 2015 trip to Bonaire and Dive Friends will be my shop of choice. I would like to thank Ingrid and Jeff for the outstanding guided dives, I could not have asked for better friends to dive with.
I also want to thank Bas, Devin, Eunan, I am bad with names but the other guythat guided the second dive with Devin. Thank you G, Robert, Tim and Richard, as always you were their to help. Finally Carolyn, thank you for getting everything organized for me, you rock.

1 Thank Riggcpas
Munich, Germany
“Thanks to Clemo and to the rest of the staff!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent an amazing holiday in Bonaire and we would love to go back!!!
The water is perfect for diving or, as in my case, to learn how to dive!!! A very big thank you to Clemo who convinced me to go on with the course I started, he was so right, the diving experiences were really worth it!!!
Thanks to all the staff of Yellow Submarine in Kralendijk, everyone was super friendly and helpful to me! :-)
Hope to see you soon! Elisa

Fontana, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Shout out to Elsa! Shout out to Asko at Yellow Sub. Shout out to Christina at Yellow Sub and Martin at Bort Bonaire!

Dive Friends Bonaire has 5 sister locations. So forgive this review which may include cross references to Port Bonaire, Yellow Submarine and Hamlet Oasis. All of which were top notch in terms of staff.

Elsa is the manager at Dive Friends Bonaire located on Sand Dollar Resort premises. She's absolutely lovely to talk to. She's very professional. The first dive day she goes over a map with you pointing out all the dive sites she recommends. She points out where the other sister shops are. And...here's the true kicker. The reason why she will always have a special place in my heart is that she, without fail, has coffee brewing every morning and welcomes all residents to partake. God love her!

2 Thank CTCamQOTU