After a bunch of research we chose Divi Flamingo as the very best 'deal' for a group of divers who wanted to get in the MOST scuba dives possible for the best overall value. The Divi dive operation did not disappoint us. Great staff. Great dive masters who were both professional and fun. I would strongly recommend the Divi dive team no matter how bad the rest of the resort might be. Speaking of which ... now for Part B! Our room was good ... as long as you didn't want to take a hot shower after diving. There was frequently no hot water until late evening. Folks traveling with us who were put on the ground floor endured a constant smell of mildew. The food at the restaurant was okay and the service was 'slow-to-fair' but below the standards of lots of options that were close enough for the walk. DON'T order drinks. If they don't water down their alcohol, my liver turned into Superman on the flight down! I would advise folks to go out to eat for all meals except for the included breakfast. You'll be glad you did. On a positive note, the included breakfast was more than adequate. They made a decent omelet and there was always fresh fruit. One last thing. The woman who manned the front desk at most times was unprofessional. Who says to a guest, "This isn't a 5 star place." and "We are short staffed because ..."?? She was also surly, sometimes sour, and just not pleasant. ... Oh, and I hope they fix the hot tub some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino allows you to experience the simple pleasure of tropical life. Whether you want to lounge around all day by one of our two freshwater pools, test your luck in our on-site casino at night, relax with a massage in the on-site spa, or scuba dive and snorkel through the beautiful Caribbean ocean, our Bonaire resort offers a truly memorable experience for all ages. Divi Flamingo is colorful, laidback, and fun; our resort and casino serves as the perfect home base for divers and vacationers drawn to explore the unpretentious island and stunning waters surrounding Bonaire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Flamingo Beach Hotel Kralendijk
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort And Casino Bonaire/Kralendijk