Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino
US$140
Hotels.com
US$211
US$198
Caribbean Club Bonaire(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$125
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$498
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,120 results
All reviewschibi chibidive operationpure oceanserge runscalabas reefgreat divefishdive staffdeluxe roombreakfast buffettime shareafternoon divebeach barthe general managerocean frontscreened in porchclose to town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a great time at the Divi. The ocean view was amazing!!!! The room was clean and I felt very safe. Housekeeping was very attentive. The staff was very helpful/friendly, I couldn't ask for more - very relaxing. The restaurant was great, I ate there several days. You can snorkel right off the dock. It is a quick and easy walk into town. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Melissa T, Manager at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Michele D,

Thank you for your review and recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Divi and Bonaire again in the future!

It was our pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our trip could not have been more successful. New divers put 15 to 20 dives in their log books and their diving comfort and confidence increased exponentially.

The resort did a very good job for us. The rooms were comfortable, the meal service good. Half of our guests bought the on site lunch package, others purchased groceries or ate off site.

The diving operation was first class. Serge and his team met every expectation I had. Comfortable boats, excellent crew, accommodations to any request our guests had. At every opportunity they said YES to our needs.

Sadly our vacation ended. We left Bonaire with smiles, wonderful memories and hopes to return.

Room Tip: My wife and I stayed in a ground floor ocean front room. Our balcony overlooked the water. We fell asleep to the sounds of the waves lapping against the shore each night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mark F,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you and your group stay with us!!! We can't wait until you return and look forward to more fun, dining, and diving with you in the future.

Thank you again for your review and for your loyalty, we truly value your business and the happiness your group brings to our hotel and island.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

After a nightmare flight with KLM we arrived exhausted expecting a deluxe room. Beautiful location with seaview balcony. Bathroom grubby, badly needed decorating/retiling and updating. Bedroom reasonable but rust on some fittings had not been treated and the fridge was rusty and grubby. Icebox full to brim of ice - can't have been defrosted for years. Coffee maker poor and slow. Poor customer service while we were there. Cleaning standard over two weeks we spent there - not good. Food generally good. Outside areas reasonable but the whole place needed maintenance and I could not recommend.

Room Tip: Bonaire is great for diving, snorkelling but I would try another hotel if I went again.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SHARON T

Dear Sharon T,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. We were very sorry to read your comments regarding your room and service level. After reading your review we placed your room out of order to assess the areas that needed attention. We understand that these issues can ruin your impression of our hotel, and thank you for also contacting us directly so we can personally and directly respond to you. We hope to convince you to come back again in the future to see the upgrades and improvements we have planned this year.

Thank you again for your comments, as they are key for us to improve. I promise you we take our reviews and guest suggestions very seriously and will be taking many steps toward improving our overall maintenance and cleanliness moving forward.

We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We've stayed at the Divi a dozen times due to the convenient diving, despite the continued decline. It needs major maintenance and thorough cleaning. Large growth of black stuff in the showers, old and semi functional A/C units, holes and stains in furniture and bedding, and a constant "sewer" smell in the bathrooms. Grounds and pool areas are very well kept. Dive center on premises is amazing. Lockers and rinse tanks located right on the dock and their local reef always provides an interesting easy dive. There is no beach here, just a concrete area for sunbathers.

Room Tip: Efficiencies have full kitchen and screened porch. Don't get a corner room as they have smaller porch and no view or tropical breeze! Street side rooms hear motorcycles at night but are ocean front/view. Avoid any room over the bar if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Deb G
Melissa T, Manager at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Deb G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you continue to be a loyal Divi guest and we want you to know that we are in the process of fixing many of the issues you encountered. First and foremost, thank you for your great comments on our Dive Shop as well as the high scores on our location and service.

We are currently planning for an upgrade where we will be working to improve the overall condition of the rooms. We have also recently re-trained and implemented checklists for our cleaning staff to try to improve on the inconsistencies with the cleanliness of our rooms.

Deb, we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back soon. We thank you for your comments and promise you we are in the process of improving our resort maintenance and cleanliness.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Rating for hotel poor: Phone in the room never worked..it kept ringing, we had to unplug it, office was not concerned about this when we reported it. Coffee pot never cleaned, filter left daily. Drapes were moldy..after several days they replaced them. Toilet needed two different repairs. Squashed mosquito left in the same spot on the bathroom mirror all week..we left it just to see if it would ever be cleaned! Other more minor complaints, but will not go into them all!

Dive shop: terrible. From check in to check out , problems! Boat: we had a dive group of 18 and they rented a boat for us that realistically should have only had 8 people on it! Our leader complained but the retort to her was a disinterested/rather rude remark. Dive masters: very little help from them in the way of set up and take down of equipment ...I for one had difficulty getting my BC to be tight enough to stay on my tank and both dive masters would just stand right in front of me on the dock watching me struggle, one time the tank literally slipped out of my BC while on one of the dives. Too, the dive masters did not seem to care about showing us much during our dives, they just motored right along...outside of the reef, not looking. Probably it was their attitude towards several of us on the boat, who did complain about the boat and they knew we were dissatisfied. Attitude was very poor! The lockers , they use, are horrendous ...if you are short, good luck even reaching the lock at the top of the locker! Also, the lockers are really not room enough for two sets of dive gear, finally we were just throwing stuff in and locking it for the day.... That is after I took my reg, wetsuit, mask and camera back to the room with me! The final cap to this fiasco: I went to the dive shop to check out and she , first could not find my bill, finally she went to a side room and said that I did not show owing anything, which I knew... Low and behold, after I had checked out and we were off to the airport, the manager of the shop found our leader, she had a later flight, at breakfast and said that I owed 77$ more for a flash guard and scarf ...I think those were the items..I never did purchase such...their bookkeeping and organization in that office is something else! Anyway, the leader went ahead and paid it, but never did ask to see my bill or if I even did sign for those items!

I have been diving all over the world, for years, and this definitely was the worst experience I have ever had with a resort and dive shop! I will never return here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank PMOREMAN
Melissa T, Manager at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It is very disappointing to read your comments regarding you and your group’s visit to our hotel. We apologize for your poor experience and that you did not receive the impression that we were concerned with the issues you encountered in both your room and with your Diving Experience. Please know that we take our guest comments and opinions very seriously and when we are informed of an issue, we are always willing to do our best to come up with a solution as soon as possible. We have been experiencing sporadic issues with our phone system here at our hotel; however this issue was given our top priority and escalated to our Telephone provider and corporate office. The phone issue has since been addressed by our phone provider Telbo with new cabling for our hotel, and is currently being closely monitored to ensure resolution.

We are also very sorry for the issues with cleanliness that you experienced and I would be happy to personally address all your issues both minor and major if you would want to contact me directly.

We fully understand your group’s experience with Diving while staying with us and are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. Our Dive Shop is consistently delivering exceptional service to our groups and guests and we are very sorry that your group was an exception. Our dive lockers are normally very well received by our guests, and I am sorry that you were so disappointed with our set up. It is our normal procedure that if we have a shorter guest who cannot reach the lock, we lower the locks so our guests can access their locker with ease. We of course do this on a request basis, and are very sorry that this was not communicated to you. We also keep a logsheet in the Dive shop of retail purchases which is verified by a guest’s name and locker number. Guests are asked in our Dive Orientation to please stop by our Dive Shop to verify their bill the day prior to check out. As your bill was not verified, your group leader was asked to review it and agreed to the charges. When the charges were later disputed, the full amount was refunded to your group leader approximately one week after your check out.
We are very sorry for your frustration with your stay and Dive experience and hope you understand that we wish your experience was different.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss any further issues.

Assistant to the General Manager