My husband and I stayed at the Divi Flamingo Hotel for the first time over ten years ago. We returned. We then decided that we liked everything about it, and actually bought a timeshare on the property. The location really is as good at it gets: right on the water, just south of Kralendijk, the center of activity (read shops and many excellent restaurants) on the friendly island of Bonaire. "It's just a six minute walk from downtown." Just about everyone told us that, and it's absolutely true. It's also even closer to At Sea, voted the Caribbean's best restaurant in 2013. At the Divi, we appreciate the hard-working staff who keep our accommodations, I.e. landscaping, housekeeping, linens, restaurants, pools beautiful and clean. When we had a problem with our room phone, the maintenance person came twice, the second time to be sure it was working. When there were still problems, he came back in the evening after his scheduled work time when the next island phone company technician was available to work on an outside line. The office staff, activities folks...everyone is most courteous and solicitous... and fun! A five star diving shop is located at one of the resort's four docks for water entry. My husband and I don't dive, but have been welcomed as snorkelers when they have room. Also the Woodwind Sun Sail and Snorkel service docks on a Divi pier. It's been rated #1 snorkel operation on the island for several years... and it comes to our front door! In keeping with Bonaire's appeal to water types, the island has little night life. The Divi however does have a good restaurant (full bar). Some nights as well as daily breakfasts, service is buffet-style; all locations on the water. And I can't forget the full-service bar near the coral beach, with quick food from the restaurant available. Divi also features a casino, but my husband and I aren't gamblers. I've hesitated to write this review for many years, simply because we'd like to keep the Divi a secret. It's unfair though to all the people who make the island's original resort a wonderful, refreshing vacation spot. We've already got our flight and room reservations for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino allows you to experience the simple pleasure of tropical life. Whether you want to lounge around all day by one of our two freshwater pools, test your luck in our on-site casino at night, relax with a massage in the on-site spa, or scuba dive and snorkel through the beautiful Caribbean ocean, our Bonaire resort offers a truly memorable experience for all ages. Divi Flamingo is colorful, laidback, and fun; our resort and casino serves as the perfect home base for divers and vacationers drawn to explore the unpretentious island and stunning waters surrounding Bonaire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Flamingo Beach Hotel Kralendijk
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort And Casino Bonaire/Kralendijk