First the good...
The dock and ladders were nice and well kept.
The free nitrox was good. We enjoyed buddy's reef for diving.
The rooms were spacious. We had a 2 bedroom with an ocean view.
The NOT good....
Checking in was an extremely slow process. And, there was not enough Help behind the desk.
When we got to our room, the sheets and comforter were heavily stained. I immediately called for housekeeping to come and change the bed. They did not want to do it before we went to bed. Upon demanding, they came and flipped the same sheets over. The towels is the bathroom were also stained. We had several nasty stained towels throughout the week. There were also no wash cloths. I missed not having one.
The beach towels were thin, worn and smelled of must. I considered bringing my own and then opted to use the hotels. That was a mistake.
The truck was nice that it was available but in rough condition.
The food was average at the pool bar.
The dive shop was fine. Although, the only wetsuits they rent are shorties. I did end up buying a full 3m because mid week I was so cold I would have been finished diving. The dive masters were worthless. They pointed nothing out on the boat dives. Explained nothing of what could be expected to see at the sights...a response of no guarantee.
I will return to Bonaire for the diving but I will not be returning here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk