We rented a 1-bedroom unit at Buddy Dive Apr 12-19. we wanted to stay at a resort for 1 week, and then a condo for the other. I had read the reviews, so I knew what to expect. We were in unit 512 which had a beautiful view! The kitchen was good for us. No oven, counter-top stove. Good large fridge. The WiFI in the room was very spotty and worked best in the late evenings after the divers had gone to bed :) The patio door needs repair, and is very difficult to open & close! The restaurant (Ingredients) was very good, and reasonably priced There are screens with the patio doors, but they are ripped, so, are useless. A/C was in the bedroom AND the kitchen which surprised me.The resort is definitely a little in need of some TLC. There is no effort, it appears, put into the grounds at all, which was disappointing. The Lions Den side seemed quieter than the other side. Both pools are very small, but warm after being in the Sea for a few hours. Pool chairs are in very poor shape, with many ripped. We did not find the bed comfortable at all The Friday night BBQ was very good, and is a great deal at $21 pp for all-you-can-eat. We went both Fridays we were at Bonaire. My husband who is a solo diver was disappointed that there wasn't a solo sign-up board for off-shore diving. (only the boat dives.) So, his "unlimited shore diving" took a hit. We had no problems with the safe key/lock, but did find it inconvenient compared to having a regular combination safe. The daily maid service was nice for fresh linens, but they did not really "clean." If we were to go back to Bonaire, we probably wouldn't stay at Buddy Dive. I'd try to get an upper unit with a view at Eden Beach. It has a much more of a "resort" feel. Don's Habitat is another place I would look at, but it was too expensive for us. I'm glad I didn't book at the Plaza simply because the junior suites have a bad location, and the other units were out of our budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk