The motto is eat, sleep, dive. There is no sandy beach and no real pool and bar culture. If you are looking for THAT kind of resort, go somewhere else.
If you want to dive ... a lot ... then this is a great place. Love the drive through and the convenience if all the shore diving. Overall the staff were great and everything was straightforward and convenient.
There was a lot of construction, but the improvements are nice. Our 1 BR apt had an odd layout in that the front door opened to the bedroom, but the room was clean and certainly diver-proof.
The only thing I would seek to improve is the attentiveness of staff at the pool bar. I am American, but have no affection for over-bearing service and I don't mind flagging down wait staff. That only works, however, when they at least glance your way sometimes. This they should do.
We had no problems with the petty crime everyone seems to talk so much about. It may have been because our truck was such a frightening beater, but nonetheless.
One final comment that I put out with great affection for all of my Dutch friends. This place is very Dutch. Case in point: Happy Hour is an hour (not a minute more), during which you get free popcorn (not discounted drinks). Yes, I know, why would it be otherwise? Silly American!
Book it and have a blast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk