This is a Scuba diving resort...They can't be any more clear about that in the advertisements. So if you are not into Scuba or Snorkeling, I would not see much point in staying here. They do have a pool and areas to hang out, but i would pick a different hotel if you are not a diver or snorkeler.
However, if you "are for scuba", this place is perfect. Here mare my cliff-notes of the trip.
We got a shuttle to and from the airport which was nice.
The hotel grounds were nice and well kept. Our room was clean and tidy, nothing fancy.
The breakfast each day was perfect pre-diving food. It's also overlooking the water which is crystal clear. The pictures they have on the website are a good indication of what the resort is actually like.
Having your own truck is nice if you want to pick your own dive sites, however they do offer boat dives as well and diving off the dock... I much preferred the driving option and exploring the island. There are too many dive spots around the island to just stay at the resort all week.. go explore.
The nightlife is pretty quiet around there unless some things have changed. However, we were so tired from diving all day that we were in bed fairly early. A dinner and a couple glasses of wine, we were all ready for bed.
There are some great restaurants around so venture out.
Ask the staff questions... they are great for scuba questions and underwater photography questions.
I am usually not one to go back to the same place twice, however Buddy Dive made it so easy to enjoy the beautiful waters of Bonaire, if I did get to go back to Bonaire, there is no question where I would be staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk