Caribbean Club Bonaire
Great 4.5/5
BnBBonaire(Kralendijk)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsoil slickbuddy divebedroom cottagedrying cupboardsmall fliesnight tabledive shopsmall porchthousand stepsshore divingburner stovesun lotiondive sitesrinse areaocean viewdive packageten minute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nice place to stay close to what I think is the best dive site on Bonaire. Oil Slick. I saw the largest Moray Eel that I have seen in the 43 years that I have been diving.

Now, the resort. We were very pleased with the accommodations at this resort. There were a few glitches, but nothing major. One thing that really threw me was the maid service, it is every two days. They do this I would guess to save money and to keep the price of the accommodations down. Our unit had a dish washer, no dish washing detergent. When we asked the front desk the response was, go to the store. We did. No microwave oven. The microwavable popcorn I brought was, well unused except the one bag I tried to cook on the oven. It doesn't work. You can't control the heat and end up burning it.

The unit we stayed in was a deluxe 2 bedroom unit and the living area had no A/C, however it had a ceiling fan. The two bedrooms had A/C. The deck area was huge. It had two lounge chairs and 4 nice wicker chairs with cushions and a large 8 place table. Most of our time was spent in the water or on the deck of our unit. Ceiling fans made the day while sitting out. Beds were in my opinion comfortable, large pillow and although I am 6'4" and 247 pounds, it was still a good bed.

The breakfast was fair. Nothing like Buddy Dives ambiance and food selection. The cook was very good, omelets were served if requested which saved the morning. You will not go hungry, but it just isn't Buddy Dive their sister club. The staff in the restaurant, (2) were friendly and tried to make your dining experience a good one. I recommend the evening meals at the restaurant due to the quality of the food and the expertise of the cook. I had the pork tenderloins and they were fantastic. The restaurant had a BBQ night and the food was very good and price right. The shrimp salad was fantastic and is a must for one meal.

The location was not necessarily in the best location, but still close enough to town to make several daily trips to town to go to Gio, the local Ice Cream shop and to eat Fish and Chips on the only restaurant on a pier in downtown. Good cold beer and hamburgers also. A little pricy but considering this is an Island and food must be brought in, it was fair.

The management is updating the units and this causes no problems due to the work being done during the day. It also means that in the future, someone will have an updated unit to stay in.

The dive shop was also the check in area. The staff were very friendly and check in was quick. I would like however to have a form which we could fill out prior to arrival and then they would need only to verify the info on your ID cards.

The dive shop has tanks, both Nitrox and compressed air available. The tanks are not filled properly in PSI. There were several times that the mix on Nitrox fell short of the required 31%. I would suggest that the dive shop manager check more closely on his employees to ensure proper filling and mixture ratios.

I would highly recommend this location, but remember, it is a way out of town.

Room Tip: I would request a deluxe unit to have an ocean view and a good breeze.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MrPig
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Got off the plane at 10pm thought a hair dryer had been turned on me!!! It was so hot there. But beautiful place very inexpensive and true value and service . Went a couple of times in 2012 but didn't know about trip advisor then which is why the delay .. It may have increased in costs since then but the beauty and heat will still be the same it's such a great place strongly recommend it. Fly klm it's the best airline for here

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was my best trip to Bonaire thanks to CCB. I love that the resort is out of town. It's quiet,beautiful and closer to the better dive sites. We stayed in a 2br behind the main shop/ reception area. Our room was clean and updated. Nice tile floors, bathroom and comfy bed. The crew working the place are courteous and will work to accommodate special request.
My only complain was with the resteraunt. Breakfast was the same every day, no variation and there was never enough for everybody. If you weren't there by 8:00, your lucky if there is a yogurt left. My second complaint, the rinse tank was always dirty. We had to drain it each time before we put our gear in. Otherwise, CCB is a great place to stay in Bonaire. If you are only interested in diving and don't need all the bells and whistles of a big resort like Captain Don's you will be very happy. We just booked our next trip at CCB.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Allesun76
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Coming now the 5. time to the CCB says it all ! (pls.see my last Post 2012). I booked for 3 weeks the penthouse/car & non limit diving.Upon arrival, i was again upgraded (for free) this time from the single bedroom penthouse to a spacious 2 bedroom penthouse.This time i had the penthouse 111. A paradise ! The cottage is equipped with a full blown kitchen, 2 bedrooms incl. 2 wetrooms and a huge terrasse overseeing the sea.Room service comes every second day, bed sheet are changed every second day.Room services does still the dish washing.The dive shop has not changed at all => It does the job it should do> professional, efficient, friendly and uncomplicated.Also the whole staff of the CCB incl. CEO is very friendly , very nice and helps wherever help is needed.Free WIFI, good Bar, two Pools and as this is the most northern resort, there is absolute silence.Excellent place for relaxing and diving.
As a repeater, you get the late checkout for free, which means you can keep your room till the airport pickup. For the KLM flight in the evening, this service gives you full day in Bonaire more.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom penthouse is closer to the mainbuilding, so you have WIFI reception also in the whole penthouse.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TDI_DIDI
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Since this place is not on the expensive side, don't expect a 4-star resort. But if you're traveling on a budget, you shouldn't be disappointed.

We rented a 2-bedroom unit. Previously we have stayed at Sand Dollar and Plaza.

Pluses: The view from the deck was fantastic. The deck is HUGE with a nice large table and several chairs. The beds were very comfortable. Everything was clean. The dive shop is adequate - it's a small extension of Buddy Dive. The restaurant was good with typical island prices - no surprise. The place was very relaxing and tranquil. Wi-fi in our room was spotty, but it wasn't difficult to get a connection if we avoided the dead spots. Bandwidth was, as expected, not great, but it worked. The shower was nice. Housekeeping did a good job. Staff at reception, dive shop, and restaurant were all VERY helpful and nice. The on-site dive site was a good one (oil slick) with a fun jump-in entry or you could go down a ladder. The kitchen was good/adequate but had no microwave. There were sufficient items in the kitchen to prepare a meal. The room had an outside gear locker with a lock. Master bedroom had a safe and plenty of storage for clothes and gear. The second bedroom, not so much.

Minuses:
Fills: Buddy's pressure gauges may be off, resulting in short fills. If I trust our dive computers, we got short fills every time. When analyzing tanks, their pressure gauge would read 2800-3000, yet when we connected our rig, our computers read about 300 lbs less. Our group used about 50 tanks during our stay. On those 50-or-so fills, I only saw two fills that read over 3000 on their gauge. When we did a night dive with Harbor Village, their pressure gauge matched our computers. Three of four gauges match. The oddball is Buddy Dive's gauge. Even so, we never dove deep and never felt that the dives were cut short - but if you want to do the Hooker or other deep dives, you'll want a good fill.
There was no drain in the bathroom or the outside gear locker. Very odd.
The floor plan was odd. To get to the second bedroom, you exit the main area to the deck, then enter the second bedroom from the deck - it's completely separated from the other areas. To get to the master bedroom, you go through the tiny master toilet room. The master bedroom was comparatively small (compared to Sand Dollar and Plaza) and difficult to navigate with the closet doors open. The common shared "kitchen" area was small and could only be cooled by the master bedroom AC, yet there was a very large baffled screened panel on either side of the entry door, so if you try to cool the main area, it may be difficult. This is OK when it's cool, just hang out on the porch and open the doors, but summer would be miserable. Some light switches in the shared kitchen area were placed in odd hard-to-reach places.
There is a rinse tank dedicated to the room, but the smell was really bad. We cleaned it twice to no avail.
The rental truck we got was by far the worst I've seen in 5 visits to Bonaire. It was seriously dangerous to drive with misaligned front-end and faulty brakes. On our return date, after we loaded up to go to the airport, it wouldn't start. The staff were VERY nice and arranged a taxi at no charge. This actually saved a good deal of time since we didn't have to deal with returning the truck.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends