We had a pleasant time on Bonaire last week. The accommodations were what we expected: basic and functional at an economical price. The one bedroom (of which there are 8, plus 4 two-bedrooms with two baths, plus the penthouse) with A/C was just what we needed, and the weekly price under $1,000 the two of us.
The office staff did a TERRIFIC job answering questions, making suggestions, dealing with our inquiries and ideas. They had good suggestions for a medical problem, and a luggage repair, and restaurants.
The location is wonderful: just north of town and a short walk to lots of great restaurants! Also, it's right on the water (although not much snorkeling there...see our review of the Marine park for the latest on shallow water snorkeling off the beach and Klein Bonaire).
We enjoyed the pool and deck. Parking was no problem. Most things worked in the apartment, although it's a bit weather-beaten. Here are some observations:
1. The apartment was clean and the housekeeping staff was diligent in keeping things clean and neat.
2. The A/C worked very well in the bedroom.
3. The TV's worked fine.
4. Wireless was great.
3. Most everything else in the apartment worked (refrigerator, microwave, etc.), although bits fell off now and again, such as a plastic cover inside the top of the refrigerator (broke in two pieces), and the handle on the rear security door lock, and the handle on the outside of the main gate (we put them back together).
4. The dishes and such could do with an upgrade, although they were quite functional.
5. Some of the appliances are a bit creaky, but worked ok.
6. Loved the bird chatter from next door!
We have a rental apartment of our own on the Atlantic Ocean beach in Delaware, USA, and until this year we had a rental villa on St. John, USVI, so we have some idea about what constitutes reasonable furnishings of a resort apartment. This one is quite basic in that regard.
All things considered, we had fun and recommend Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments. And, there are fabulous restaurants on Bonaire...we did a bunch of reviews on them, so check into At Sea, Ingredients, Chez Madeleine's, El Mundo (breakfast), It Rains Fishes, BobbieJan's next door (BBQ on weekends).
Website: www.sunoceanfront.com is useful and accurate. M&C
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Rentals Bonaire has a very interesting package for your upcoming (dive) vacation on the Netherlands Antilles. Book now one of our pretty, just renovate sea-view apartments at our small scale resort Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments.Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments is located downtown Kralendijk the capital of Bonaire. Dive shop and office on premises and are open for all your questions and rentals from 8 to 5, dive tanks and dive locker are available 24/7.Our friendly staff will help you to book all your activities and is most willing to help you and for fill your needs.All 13 apartments have porches and oceanview and a spectacular view over the uninhabited island Klein Bonaire. Our Penthouse and apartments are just renovated.Jump from the pool into the Caribbean sea or take a water taxi in front of the apartments to bring you to Klein Bonaire. In the beautiful tropical garden lies a large and deep pool with nice lounge chairs. Your comfortable one- or two-bedroom apartment has an electronic safe, cable TV, rental phone, and WiFi.The kitchen is fully equipped and fitted with a microwave, blender and toaster and so on. Most bedrooms have twin beds. You can however ask for king-size. All bedrooms and most living rooms have A/C. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments Hotel Kralendijk
- Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments Kralendijk