“***AWESOME, as always !***”

Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments
Cypress, Texas
“***AWESOME, as always !***”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

July 2014-
This is my 5th time to Bonaire and i have stayed at these OceanFront Apartments time and time again, never had a problem with anything ; ...thus the reason we keep returning! The faculty is kind and cheery, always there when we had a question -or- need.

Also, there is an incredible onsite Dive Shop facility. which is directly affiliated with Buddy Dive Resort,... so you can go down to the Buddy Dive Resort and use there facility as part of your Dive Package, too !

A 2-3 minute walk to the center of town's pier ! You can not go wrong with Bonaire's Oceanfront Apartments. *Book way in advance, since there are only 11 apartments available on any given week.

Room Tip: ** Reserve ground floor for spontaneous Swimming Pool gratification ! **
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Born2RockU

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in the penthouse of Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments for 10 days in May. We loved it! The dive shop, dive locker, & rinse tank were VERY convenient. We had no issues with our gear being taken. We ate in town 4 nights and used the poolside grill the other nights which saved us lots of money (dining out in Bonaire is pricey!) and helped us eat healthy. The balcony of the penthouse is fully covered with fans to help keep the temperature down and the mosquitos at bay. The air conditioning was only in the bedroom at night (it cooled the room down in 10 minutes or so). We left the front door open while we were in the apartment and enjoyed a nice breeze that kept the place very comfortable. The pool is deep and well maintained. The reef across the street was very nice, we did one day and three night dives there. The reef has LOTS of critters that glow when you bring along a UV or blue light and we were accompanied by a few tarpon (slightly alarming at first as they buzzed by). We saw lots of morays on the last night dive, including getting to watch a hunting moray successfully eat a sergeant major - very cool to watch but not so cool if you were the sergeant major!

Sunsets were great, as is the staff at SunRentals. They always had a cheery greeting and were most helpful. I will absolutely rent from them when I return to Bonaire (Not if, when!).

I didn't check out any of the other rooms while I was there, but suspect I'd opt for the penthouse if I stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This has been my second stay of many more that I hope to be. Everyone at SunRentals was helpful, friendly and professional. The location is Perfect and Beautiful. Every morning I would have breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The sunsets are stunning. What makes this location even nicer is the entire staff at SunRentals. They always greet you with a big smile and ask how your stay is and if there is anything that you may need. The apartment was nice, it contained all that I needed to cook during the week. It was always cleaned so well each day. It was also nice to have access to the backyard bbq if needed or pool for a nice swim. Opening the balcony doors and enjoying the breeze and the view was relaxing. Air Conditioners and fans were also available.
The location for diving was perfect. You are not far from both north and south dive sites. I enjoyed walking in to town many a night to visit with friends or watch the sunset while relaxing with a cocktail. It really is a perfect location.
As I left for the airport, I looked forward to returning soon to see my new friends at SunRentals. Thank You for all of your help......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

After visiting the mega dive hotels, we loved Bonaire Oceanfront even more. It was 30 steps from the room to the car and to the dive shop/locker. It couldn't be more convenient. We never had more than a few folks sharing the dive lockers with us so it was always easy. The house reef in front of the unit is great! We did two night dives there and had a pair of tarpons join us both times. The folks in the office were very accommodating. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Upstairs units have an ocean view and private balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
alexandrej28
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This isn't a review of Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments but of Kas Nos Shelu, a villa rented by SunRentals. They managed the entire relationship from enquiry to post rental like real pros with fantastic care. A real pleasure to trust them with your vacations. The villa itself is just amazing. The experience is even better than what you can dream of from the pictures on their website.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alexandrej28
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is my first stay here. I have been to Bonaire over 50 times and have always stayed at a dive resort further up north. I will never do that again. This 13 unit apartment is very reasonably priced and it is clean and well maintained. The furniture is a bit old but I knew this was not going to be a Ritz Carlton or Hyatt Regency. The front office staff is very friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. The dive shop on site is fantastic. Both Rob and Elsie are very helpful. Rob was my nitrox instructor years ago. I learned to scuba dive years ago but it was Rob who who taught me how to dive well. He was also the one who recommended this place to me. The diving at the un-named house reef is fantastic. Easy entry and right across the street from the apartments. Better than most reefs and I have been to every one of them. If you are into anemones, this IS the reef for you. The dive shop is well equipped and tanks are readily available 24/7. The pool is nice and deep and clean. The best part is the location. It is minutes away from all the great restaurants in town and all the food is excellent. You can also buy food at the supermarket downtown and cook your own in a fully equipped kitchen. My suggestion is to forget about renting a car and use the money on some great food. I have already booked another week here in June. The year round trade wind is very pleasant. Just keep your room door open and you have air conditioning from nature.

Room Tip: Room 1 is nice and convenient for setting up dive gears. You can do that at the dive shop but this i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Norman W
Nashotah, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times now and in various apartments. They are always clean and meet our needs. Some are a little more 'used' than others. The view is overlooking the pool and the sea which is wonderful for sunsets. Most apts are equipped with stove top, microwave and toaster oven. We rarely use them as we prefer to got out and try the local cuisine. The dive shop on site is awesome. Elsie and Rob are very friendly and helpful. Tanks are readily available and there is a rinse area for all of your gear. My only negative comment is I wish more of the apartments had a double bed vs twin beds. There are several great restaurants not more than 2 min away and the centre is just a few minutes walk.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple