“Tranquil, friendly and very comfortable”

Bamboo Bali Bonaire - Boutique Resort
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife and I had a really great, relaxing five days at Bamboo Bali. Our hosts, Sebastian, Anno and Vera, were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make us feel at home. When we arrived they spent time explaining where to find everything on the island, recommended a great dive operator, "Wannadive" and organized pick-up truck rental for us. Later on in our stay, when we had a flat battery, Anno coordinated with the rental company to get the truck fixed, so our planned dive trip wasn't disrupted. Great service! Our cottage was very comfortable and it was nice to have the kitchen area to make lunch and then eat outside on our deck overlooking all of the amazing lush trees and plants and cool SE Asian art in the grounds. Nice secluded pool and hot tub. There's also a handy area to rinse and hang dive gear after a day enjoying Bonaire's fantastic reefs. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martin S

Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed at Bamboo Bali starting 09/03/2011 for two weeks...nice peaceful retreat. The whole island was quiet, but we were completely satisfied with Bamboo Bali. We stayed in the Flores cottage, and did a lot of our own cooking. The hosts were very nice, but not intrusive, and it was immaculate. Thank you to our hosts!

Room Tip: If you want to cook a bit, this is a good option...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terrysherman
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Hello All....
I am about to go back after spending a week at the Bamboo Bali and I cannot seem to get the smile of my face......!!!

Living a pretty fast professional life with lots of deadlines I was looking for total relaxation and I found it here.
It started with being picked up at the airport by Stanley, their friendly regular taxi driver. No need to arrange anything myself.
After arriving at the resort I was greeted by Anno who brought me to my cottage.
Now I have traveled quite some in Asia and the Caribbean but this seemed to bring those worlds together.
A nice welcome breakfast was already prepared and put into the fridge by Vera ( Anno's Wife ).
After a short sleep Anno took me for a walk thru the beautiful garden surrounding the cottages. This is his great passion and it shows. There are so many colorful flowers and fruit trees and even a special tree that both the Parots and Iguanas seem to love.
A short walk brought us to their latest addition, and the place where I spend most of my time "The garden of Eden"........!!!

This is a inside courtyard that was created for privacy and relaxation for sure. It has a small but cozy Salt Water Lounge Pool and 2 Jacuzzi's. The Jacuzzi's were kept super clean which differs from some other places I have stayed before.

They have satellite tv so I was able to keep up with my favorite team the Yankees.
Everyone was really helpfull and made me feel totally relax for the week. Even Maria, who does the cleaning of the cottages is super nice. With her little English and my little Spanish tried to explain me where the best happy hours were....hahahah

Overall I had the most amazing time!
The cottages were fully equipped and very clean (Thanks Maria!!)
Anno,Vera and their son were great hosts, extremely helpful without being intrusive.
I felt safe. Only 5 cottages with each one key for the front gate and outside storage for my windsurf gear.
The garden, cottages and little inside courtyard really make this place one of a kind.

It is exactly as most people on this forum have already called it, a real gem!!!
The peace and quiet is just what I needed.
I'm already having thoughts of returning in May with my girlfriend, I'm quite sure she will love it as much as me.

Thanks guys!!

Lars

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Lars S
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My fiance and I stayed with Bamboo Bali for a week while in Bonaire for a diving trip. BB is gorgeous, unique, and run by an amazing family. BB is very conveniently located--although not on the ocean, it is across the street from many of the big dive hotels-Captain Don's, Buddy Dive. We walked to Captain Don's to watch the sunset and eat dinner at Rum Runners (also highly recommended) several times.

Cottages are very comfortable, sparkling clean, very private, perfect for self catering with a small kitchen, fridge, basic cooking supplies. There are several bbq grills around the grounds you can use as well.

Pool and hot tub area are beautiful and very romantic. There's an area to rinse and hang out dive gear.

BB has been created by and is run by a wonderful family--very friendly, rightfully very proud of their creation, always available to answer any questions or give recommendations.

Would definitely stay with them again if we go back to Bonaire.

Check out my other recs for great places to eat on Bonaire--we found food to be definitely hit or miss.

Room Tip: all the cottages looked great.
3  Thank RedUakari
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Bamboo Bali is a fantastic little resort for those who want a nice peaceful place to stay. The lovely decorated cabanas are very private and big enough for a short and even long term stay on the island Bonaire. We stayed in the spacious cabin named "Floris" which has all you need, good bed, equiped kitchen, bathroom with shower, good working airconditioning, a ceiling- and standing fan, huge porch surrounded with plants. I really enjoyed listening to the birds waking up, the arguing salamanders and birds :) and the dozen kolibri's and suikerdiefjes having their "breakfast" from the many flowers around the house.
The very relaxing Spa area with two fantastic jacuzzi's and a small saltwater pool is a real treat to pamper yourself after a long hot day.
Like all the other reviews, Anno and Bas are great helpful people.
I really recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank AnjaCJ
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was our second stay at Bamboo Bali and we loved it once again. Our hosts, Vera, Anno and Sebastian were amazing. Our dives and rental truck were reserved for us prior to arrival. There were no glitches in retrieving our rental truck or checking-in with Wannadive. With the installation of the 2 hot tubs and plunge pool, this place is perfect.

3  Thank arhl
Reviewed 13 August 2011

After a long search on line for a good accomodation in Bonaire, we found Bamboo Bali Bonaire. We had high expectations as we were looking for a nice place to relax for a couple of days and the pictures on their website looked so beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the garden and our cottage, it exceeded our expectations ! The place is so beautiful and peaceful.

The privacy and tranquility in combination with high level of service is truly amazing and we felt like home away from home from the beginning.

Each morning when we woke up and walked through the garden we discovered new plants, flowers and art from Bali, a true Gem that deserves to be discovered.

2  Thank arubariba72