I stayed here for a week and was very comfortable, secure and well-rested in Bali cottage. Anno and family have created another world with lush gardens, delightful sitting areas, two hot tubs and salt water plunge pool and even barbecues for the guests. There are many delightful decorative touches as well as an abundance of Buddas throughout the property. While not on the water, divers and snorkellers will welcome such a lovely place to return to after a day in the water.
The fresh water rinse tank and drying area for scuba/snorkel gear is very handy and secure. The room had lots of towels which were changed if needed every couple of days. The air conditioner worked well and is needed at night to avoid mosquitos getting in to the room through open windows.
Anno arranged for the taxi to pick me up and deliver me to the airport $15 US each way and a 15 minute ride from the cottages. There are very good restaurants in Kralendijk - see my reviews of Mona Lisa, It Rains Fish, Captain Don's and the Bistro de Paris. Captain Don's is within walking distance - all others require a car.
I found my kitchen to be well equipped with a large refrigerator with freezer, a two burner stove, microwave, coffee maker and ample cooking pots, pans and utensils. Both the wi-fi and television service worked very well and the evenings were very quiet for a good night's sleep.
There is an excellent Dutch grocery store about 10 minutes' drive from Bamboo Bali - go there for most of your provisions (fresh meat, fish, veggies, fruit) including beer, wine, or spirits. There is a small grocery store near Bamboo Bali but it has a poor selection of fresh produce and only frozen meat or fish = that store seems to have about a third of its space devoted to alcohol.
My only regret was not spending more time at Bamboo Bali - I had friends staying at the Sand Dollar condominiums and they kept me busy snorkelling and touring the island during my short week.
I would gladly return to Bamboo Bali.
Note: 1) Bonaire is not a "beach destination" - but there are over 40 shore access points for divers and most are good for snorkellers as well.
2) You will want to arrange for a car or even a pickup truck (for dive gear and to manage roads in the national park where a regular car is not high enough for the rougher roads) to truly enjoy the island and what it has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bamboo Bali. "The place where East meets West." No more than 60 meters from the ocean, across the street from the best known dive hotels of the island such as Buddy Dive, Captain Don's and Hamlet Oasis you will find Bamboo Bali. This cozy little resort consists of 8 cottages built with lots of Asian influence and style. The private wooden cottages were built on piles to give it that characteristic look and surrounded by a luscious garden full of tropical flora. Be surprised by the playful and romantic corners where Asia and the Caribbean melt together! Ideal for honeymooners and couples. This small family resort has 2 regular cottages - Bali, Sumatra. Four Deluxe cottage "Between the Trees"/" Just the 2of Us"/"So happy Together" and "Walking on Sunshine" Two superior cottages are recently added : "Love at first Sight" and "Heaven can Wait" Every cottage consists of 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. Full kitchen / flat screen TV / free wireless internet / air conditioning / safe / warm water showers and a large shaded private porch area. For our guests we have two large propane BBQs, two very luxurious Jacuzzi/hot tubs with massage jets, a natural salt water pool, rinse tanks, dive closets, Thai stile outside showers, sitting areas, etc. "You will fall in love with Bamboo Bali Resort the moment you step in!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Bamboo Bali Bonaire - Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Bali Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Bamboo Bali Bonaire - Boutique Resort Kralendijk