“Friendly”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Friendly”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The whole registration process over and done with quickly and then time to dive. The whole tank exchange system is great and lets you continue diving at your pace at your times without being controlled by closing and opening times of the dive shop. Information about where to go was always handy and the staff were quite friendly.
My one qualm was the boat dive schedule, we couldn't do our booked 6 boat dives as much of the scheduled ones were to places you could shore dive from and we preferred the shore diving option but that was our choice.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank PLKSB

Baltimore, MD
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Most Helpful and Friendly Dive Staff”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Dive Hut and used Wannadive for 18 days from 7/11/14 to 7/26/14. They were great. We dealt mostly with Inga and John. They went out of their way to help us in any way they could. When My husband lost the truck keys on a dive, they helped him get a hold of the car rental company to arrange a replacement key. My Aeris regulator had a 1st stage malfunction and I had to buy I had to buy a ScubaPro 1st stage to replace it. Even though I didn't buy it from Wannadive, John helped me work out a solution so my Atomic SS1 hose would reach the BCD connector. They always had air or Nx tanks available at any time of the day or night and their Nx tanks were always marked correctly. Even though they had tanks available at Dive Hut, we used the Eden Beach Wannadive location because it was easier. They have 6 (frequently cleaned) rinse tanks available and we could rinse our gear quickly when we swapped tanks. When I got sick and we missed four days of diving, they refunded our cost for the days we couldn't dive! We will definitely use Wannadive next year when we go to Bonaire again.

Avon, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Recommend Wannadive”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Eden Beach for 2 weeks this past July (separate review) and used Wannadive for our diving needs. First off, they are located on site at Eden Beach (unaffiliated), which makes the location very convenient. We rented our gear through them and found the staff very helpful. There is a gear storage area that was great for leaving our stuff when not diving. Note: if you rent your gear and leave it in the storage area, be sure to wrap your regulator around your BC in a manner that differentiates it from others. Better yet, hook something to it that signifies it's in use. We had a couple instances where our gear got put away. Once we did the above, no more issues. We mostly shore dove and rented a pickup truck. Alex gave us really good advice on dive sites he liked and was great to just chat with. We went on 2 boat dives with Wannadive, both with Paulina and Alex. We enjoyed both dives very much. By the end of our stay most of the staff knew us by name and chat with us before/after dives. Would recommend Wannadive and Bonaire!

Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“"WannaDive did NOT work well for me!"”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited during 7/14/2014 week...

Thoughts:

1. Staff failed to provide sufficiently close attention to divers. I am okay carrying my rented equipment to the boat. But please do not pile all our look-alike rented equipment into one pile for us (the divers) to rummage thru. WE cleaned our gear, hung it in a small room and retrieved it for the next dive. Opppppppps. Everything was moved from other divers. Good Luck finding your gear. Chaos!!!

2. Safety-wise, there were lots of new divers and some as young as age 12, and to mix these divers with experienced-advanced divers and one dive-master is asking for an accident. In one case, my diving-alone wife had no Buddy at all. In another case, a rookie teen diver was playfully pushed over-board prior to being ready for a drift dive, where this diver should not have been in the first place. My own 125 dive experiences told me that this dive company was way too lax in their dives and often seemed to dive too deep for newer divers.

Pick another operation!

6 Thank Lancastersmail
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at Eden Beach Resort, and Wannadive is located right at the resort, which made it very convenient. The staff were very friendly. I dove exclusively with Wannadive during my visit. When I said I wanted to buy a wet suit for my wife (snorkeler), they got a number of them from their supplier and we took them to our room and took as long as we wanted for my wife to try them on. It turns out the price we paid was very competitive, with a price we could not have bettered by much on the internet. We were also fortunate to be there during the right phase of the moon to watch luminescent coral spawning on one night dive, where we sat on the bottom with our lights out and watched the underwater light show.

Make sure to do some dives on the other, wilder side of the island, which you can book through the folks at Wannadive. Be prepared for big waves, and strong current/surge, but better diving. We had a good time with Wannadive, and would recommend them to anyone.

My only downside, and the reason for only 4 stars is that, in general, the quality of the diving in Bonaire is good, but not great. The claim to fame here is the shore diving access, not necessarily the outstanding diving. I guess I am jaded by years in SE Asia. Bonaire does not compare to the exotic locales like Sipidan, Sea of Cortez, Indonesian islands, Cocos, etc., but it is a nice, relaxing place to go diving with friends and family.

Visited December 2013