“Swimming with horses, best experience ever”

Horse Ranch Bonaire
More attraction details
Owner description: Exploring Bonaire's countryside from the back of a horse is a great way to enjoy the island. At Horse Ranch Bonaire you can horse around for a couple of hours ore half a day, you can also Ride & Swim with our horses, no experience required.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you would like to swim with horses, you have to go to Horse Ranch Bonaire. I enjoyed together with my son, daughters and father a great experience. Wonderful nature ride combined with swimming with the horses at Lac Bay. In Simone we found a great guide with excellent understanding of how to work with a group and match the right horses with the right persons. Furthermore she is a great teacher in how to swim with horses. It was my best experience ever.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you ever wonder what it's like to to swim with a horse, then this is the place for you. All the horses are extremely friendly and great for all levels. When we first arrived at the ranch we had the amazing opportunity to see a baby goat being born. The knowledge that Simone (owner of the ranch) had about the island including the wildlife, trees, plants, and the history of the island was truly great. We went with a group of 4 and we all had an amazing time. I highly recommend doing this activity well you are on the island, it's once in a life time opportunity.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My boyfriend and I went horseback riding at Horse Ranch Bonaire in March 2014. Simone has a very nice ranch with great horses. Some new horses will join very soon.
You do not have to worry if you haven't been on a horse before because these horses are very sweet and gentle. They know the way and what is expected from them.
First we past the flamingo lake, which is a very nice area to ride. You will see flamingos and lots of cactuses.
Then you will go to Lac Bay. A beautiful area near the mangroves with a small beach. This is where you will take an amazing swim with the horse.
I would recommend it to anyone visiting Bonaire.

HorseRanchBonaire, Owner at Horse Ranch Bonaire, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello Irene G,

Thanks for your review on Tripadvisor, it means a lot to me.

I like the photo, with Cherokee, good you post it!

So when you ever come back to Bonaire again, I hope to meat you again at the Ranch.

So take care

and thanks for choosing Horse Ranch Bonaire

greetings

Simone

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This horseback ride was absolutely the HIGHLIGHT of our vacation! We would recommend it to anyone, whether you enjoy riding regularly or if it is your first horse adventure, and to anyone who wants a unique experience exploring some of Bonaire’s scenic beauty. And to top it off, Simona was the most delightful guide. She worked in every way to make our ride the most enjoyable experience possible. She also shared a lot of information with us along the way regarding Bonaire’s history as well as its flora and fauna. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 hour ride. There were two great highlights to the ride. The first came in the middle of the ride. After taking a short break half way through the ride, we actually rode the horses in the ocean at Lac Bay with Simona leading them. It was a once-in-a lifetime experience that was so much fun that it cannot be described. The second highlight was that at the end of the ride, those who were comfortable with riding were allowed to open up the horses into a full gallop across the sandy shore. This, too, was one so much fun that it cannot be put into words. We went to Bonaire to dive, which we did do and had a blast doing it, but this horseback ride surpassed them all. If you travel to Bonaire and want to experience a fantastic alternative to diving, then this is it and Horse Ranch Bonaire is the place to do it! You will not be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello Ichthys2014,

Thank you for regularly choosing to ride with us and for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

It is great to read that our ride was “The Absolute Highlight of Our Vacation!”

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to me. Compliments from a traveller such as you really mean a lot to me, and yes you did a good job writing this review.

So thanks again, and when ever you are in Bonaire again, hope to see you again.

Greetings

Simone van Cadsand

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I booked this trip online with Simone as we were visiting Bonaire as one of our ports whilst on a cruise. My sister and my son and daughter were met by Simone on the quayside as arranged and had the most amazing time on the horses. A lovely trek seeing flamingos in their natural habitat and then swimming on horse back in the sea. Money well spent and wonderful memories. Highly recommended and great communications with Simone. Thankyou

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
HorseRanchBonaire, Eigenaar at Horse Ranch Bonaire, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear ex guest,

Thanks for your review on Tripadvisor, it means a lot to me.

All the revue's helps me to get a certificate of excellence!!

Thanks again for your Revue!!

Have a nice day