“Relaxing Tuk Tuk ride 25th Feb 2014”

Bon Tuk Eco Tours Bonaire
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer relaxing eco friendly island tours on Bonaire. You can book a whole island tour or a special custom made tour with us but also a Photo Safari tour taking you to see Bonaire's wildlife. You will always be accompanied by a professional certified guide who will tell you all about the history and local life on Bonaire ! We have 2 three wheeled Tuk Tuks(max 4 people) and 2 electric Shuttles(max 7 people) which offer a bit more space & comfort and are suitable for people with a minor disability. Welcome and discover Bonaire the Eco-lectric way !
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This as a great relaxing, eco friendly way to view parts of Bonaire. We could hear the guide as there's no engine noise. Bas our guide was very knowledgeable. We had booked this through P&O thinking we would be sharing the Tuk Tuk with other passengers, we were lucky to find out on the morning we would have a Tuk Tuk all to ourselves. Our guide would stop and talk to us about the sites, we would be able to ask questions, we even saw Flamingos.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

With a stop at Bonaire on a cruise I thought that a tour by Tuk Tuk would be the way to see the South of the Island. I e-mailed the company via their website and got no reply even though they state that they would reply within 24 hrs. I e-mailed a second time , again no reply. I gave up. Upon arrival at Bonaire I came ashore and saw two Tuk Tuks' on the quayside. I spoke with a girl from the company who appeared uninterested in my story, I asked if I could go on the trip now and was told that both Tuk Tuks where already hired. I then decided to go to one of the many companies offering tours and was very pleased with the one I chose.

2  Thank silversurfer38
BonTukEcoTours, Owner at Bon Tuk Eco Tours Bonaire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear sir,

We are sorry to hear that there was something wrong with our communication. We are trying our best to answer our email as quick as possible but in this case something went wrong, sorry for this. Next time on Bonaire we'll make it up to you!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We booked this Tuk Tuk trip through P & O as we were on a crusie on Ventura. £30 each which is a bit expensive for what we got. Having said that we had a lovely quiet trip around the town. Saw the prison, hospital, banks, shops etc!! Not what we wanted to see really, the dutch guide was lovely and did try to find some flamingos for us but they had flown! I know the tuk tuk is eco friendly but it would have been nice to go into the countryside and look for flamingos, pelicans, egrets etc rather than looking at the town which we did on foot later in the day.

2  Thank Janet B

Dear Janet, sorry to hear that you are not complitely happy. Unfortunatly it's not in our hands what price the cruise ship is asking for a tour. We offer the ship a one our tour to see the city and that's what we are doing in what we think a nice way! To see the country site we need more time and it's a different tour. Next time we are more than happy to show you Bonaire's nature!!!! Hope to see you again!!!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

There's not much to see in Kralendijk away from the waterfront but these electric Tuk Tuks are a relaxing and fun way to spend an hour. Our Dutch driver was friendly and amusing and told us lots of interesting stuff about the island on our tour.

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were on a cruise to Bonaire and had a wonderful trip around the main town on one of these amazing machines they are so quiet, smooth and electric and therefore ECO friendly. The driver/guide was very informative and made us feel very welcome on the island. His description of various sights during the hour long trip was excellent and all in all it was a great experience and definitely one which my wife and I would recommend.

2  Thank burgess58