Stayed and dove with the Belmar operation for the first time. Was there December 28-January 6. The apartment was more than adequate with full kitchen (minus an oven, which we did not need), fully stocked shelves for dishes, pots/pans, and utensils, and marvelous view of the Caribbean just steps away from the pier and oceanfront. Beds were really comfortable, bathrooms obvoiusly recently remodeled, etc. There was housekeeping service every two days, and they did a marvelous job. The dive operation is small, but all the staff are attentive and ready to assist. Did two boat dives daily for most of the week, but the last 3 days they did not have a boat go out so I had to trek to Buddy Dive and get on one of their boats. That was the only inconvenience, though, and Chrissy at the front desk cheerfully made the Buddy Dive reservations for me. I much preferred staying at this more intimate, small resort than Buddy Dive or the other bigger operations. Rinse tanks are always clean and ready to use, and there were drying racks and hangars at each apartment patio. The house reef is Sarah's Smile, an easy giant stride entry from the dock or by ladder. Nice dive site, and great for the check out dive. Nitox was free, and their fill statiion always had tanks available for shore diving. The only problem there was that some of the fills were pretty short -- around 2,600-2,800 PSI. I like to have at least 3,000 PSI, so I would need to check out a few of them before I found one that was a good fill. There is no food service there, which is fine with me as we stocked up on breakfast and lunch items and then ate dinner at our favorite restaurants. The location is south of the airport, and only about a two minute drive from the airport. The only real hassle was the lack of WiFi access for about 4 days into the trip, and when we did get connected, it was really slow. I was told that the demand outstipped their capacity to handle it. So, as people began checking out later in the week, the connectivity reappeared and the speed was greatly improved. All in all, I would definitely return to Belmar my next trip to Bonaire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small and intimate resort with a colorful garden and of course, spectacular ocean views wrapped around terraces and balconiesTake leave of your everyday stress and step into an exclusive resort that refreshes your body and soul!Now we have made it even easier, try our Drive, Dive and Stay packages and Surf Away Packages. Or any one of our three diving packages - unlimited shore diving, 1-tank boat dives, or 2-tank boat dives. Not to worry we have non-diver rates as well.Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire offering first class accommodations to scuba divers, sun-seekers, snorkelers, birdwatchers, nature lovers, and especially the "get away from it all" vacationer. Enjoy shore diving from our resort anytime of day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belmar Oceanfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Hotel Bonaire
- Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire/Kralendijk