“great experience for everyone”
Review of Bonaire Kiteschool

Bonaire Kiteschool
More attraction details
Owner description: Paradise: Learn kiteboarding at the world’s best spot. All year steady tradewinds and pristine warm waters make this one of the best places on earth to kitesurf. Safety: In our lessons, everybody is equipped with helmets, flotation vests and safety systems on our kites. We use boats for teaching to ensure we can assist within moments. High Quality: Flat water, personal attention and our IKO (step-by-step) teaching model offers you safety and an excellent start of your kitesurf career. Multi Language: Visiting Bonaire and you do not speak Dutch? Do not worry we at Bonaire Kite School also offer kitesurf lessons in English and German. Auf wiedersehen! Fast Learning: Everybody can learn kiteboarding; we offer professional instruction and high quality equipment to adapt to your needs. Premium Gear: Our school teaches with the latest equipment. We have a wide range of kite and board sizes to make sure that you start your lesson with the best material in the business.
Kralendijk, Bonaire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great experience for everyone”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I learned to Kite pretty fast, its very fun and very a extreme sport.
If you are loooking for an extreme sport on this beautiful island on the water where sometimes you can see dolphins swimming besides you,
You have come to the right place!
I think everyone should experience this amazing feeling.
My only complain is, that it's the classes are expensive, but if you like it, you can just buy your equipment and you are ready to go!

Visited July 2013

Little Falls, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“kiteboard lessons”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

At age 50 likely one of the oldest students on the beach. My instructor Peter is a primaru school teacher but had taken a break to teach his passion a was nd I am so glad he did! Everyone of the staff was very friendly but even more importantly knew how to teach. I booked 3 lessons and was able to get up on the board by my third lesson. If you want to learn how to safely kite board want and have great teachers at an affordable price this is your chance! Thankyou Peter and the rest of the staff for a great time!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DY1010
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Go even if you are just a spectator”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My DH and I went down to the Kite boarding beach just to pick up a hamburger at the trailer and watch the kiteboarders. The time spent there was very enjoyable. This is a good budget minded activity.

Visited February 2014
West Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Kiteboarding Instructor on Bonaire !!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My kiteboarding lessons January 2014 with Lars, the owner of Bonaire Kiteschool, were the best most informative lessons I have received to date. I have taken 31 hours of lessons so far,at different locations, and the 7 hours of lessons from Lars were the best yet. He is the most qualified instructor on the Island, he holds an , IKO Level 2 SENIOR license, and it shows !!!!! He had tips on how to rig the equipment I have not heard before. A few hints on how to body drag to recover my board that no instructor has ever told me. After 24 hours of lessons with other instructors, Lars finally explained to me how to hold the power bar in relation to the kite in the sky. No instructor ever caught this mistake before!!! I could list a dozen more tips Lars gave me in the seven hours of lessons...but you get the idea !!!! PS...I have one complaint with Trip Advisor....I don't know how a person can write a review on a kiteboarding school when all they do is drive into the parking lot, sit down on a rock and watch all the kiteboarders in the ocean and then give a "3 green dot" rating !!! These reviews are suppose to be informative about a Kiteboarding school and their instructors, not just to leave a review that states.......

"We were just there to observe and take some pictures. It was interesting to watch them" And then just give them a " 3 green dot rating" . Not a helpful review at all and not a fair review !!!

'

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Thomas T
Amsterdam
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The guys and girls of Bonaire Kiteschool are wonderful instructeurs. Their equipment is good and they really try to make their lessons tailor made to your needs. When going out on sea they join you in a boat and have special radio helmets so you can hear their instructions. I had a good time taking lessons at Bonaire Kiteschool. Bonaire is a perfect place to start your kite surfing career - as I did - or enjoy a few hours of kiting when you're already a pro. They look after you and pick you up by boat if you can't surf back to shore. I liked their vibe and am sure that you will as well!

Visited January 2014