“incredible experience, especially for yachties!”

Deepsea Freediving School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DEEPSEA Freediving School offers: -All level Courses PADI and AIDA from beginners to Instructor. 1st PADI Freedive Center in Caribbean region! . -Permanent freediving platform providing safe & comfortable learning experience! - Custom made Workshops and trainings with the legendary Carlos Coste Freedive World Record Holder & Instructor Trainer. "First human beyond 100m depth on a single breath in unnassisted disciplines. -Custom freediving trips or training sessions from 1h30min to 1/2 day to Klein or Reef around the Island. -Mermaiding Experience or classes to swim with a monofin. -Waterman workshops (for surfers, coast guards, special forces, etc).
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I took a 2 hour private tutorial with Carlos and loved it so much I booked another one as soon as I could. Carlos is a really great teacher, calm and clear, I felt so relaxed and comfortable knowing he was with me every step of the way. I am a beginner to freediving but I felt I learnt a lot and loved it so much I definitely want to continue learning more and improving as much as I can. A really incredible feeling that I would recommend to anyone, especially those that work or live on boats, it comes in really useful!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"incredible experience"
"great teacher"
in 6 reviews
"makes you feel comfortable"
in 3 reviews
"met carlos"
"professional level"
"dive platform"
in 2 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"his passion"
in 4 reviews
"open water"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We (family with son) spent our vacation in July on Bonaire. On the one hand, to recover us and get to know the island and on the other hand I (dad) wanted to realize a long awaited dream. I am a freediver since 2006 and wanted to become an instructor by one of the most experienced freediver (Carlos Coste) in the world and my son wanted to do his first freediving course.
I had arranged the details already with Carlos Coste Freediving School "A Puro Pulmon" weeks ago. When we arrived after a long trip everything went as planned. During my training, I learned a lot of new and with the aid of Carlos I was able to improve my skills incredibly. My son was enthusiastic as well. Carlos is a super nice guy and an acute teacher knows what to do to improve.
We have traveled to many countries before, but nowhere the overall package was better than on this island especially in regard to diving.
In future, we will certainly travel to Bonaire to recover us and train with Carlos Freediving School "A puro Pulmon".

Olcay from Germany

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have just recently had the great pleasure of attending a 4-day workshop with one of the world’s best freedivers. Perhaps most importantly, though, Carlos Coste is an excellent teacher, well attuned to the details of performance. Our sessions included yoga as well as fitness and depth training. In-water, we focued mainly on the Frenzel equalisation technique/maneuver. Throughout, Carlos provided apt critique and good advice for improvment. As to the place, Bonaire is simply an idilic freediving location. Less than10 minutes by boat and otherwise within 50 meters from the shore, perfectly blue, clear, deep, calm waters await. A Puro Pulmón Freediving School runs a smooth operaton with great custom and great facilities i.e boat, pool etc. Many thanks to Carlos for tailoring such a well balanced workshop and many thanks also to Gaby for making my stay such rich and pleasurable one when out of the water.

C Kelly
Freediver <http://apneediver.wordpress.com>.

1  Thank Apneediver
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Fast responding to my mail, fast schedule making, fast responding on every question I had. As an advanced freediver I got valuable tipps for developing myself! I will repeat this again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent the day as a family (mum, dad and two teenagers) with Carlos Coste learning the basics of freediving and will use the knowledge for the rest of our lives. First let me say that we have been all over the Caribbean for the express purpose of "extreme snorkeling",.. so we were not novices, and we simply had no interest in all the complexity of managing all the equipment and safety limitations of scuba. And now we can enjoy some of the benefits! We can all get down 20 feet (3 meters) easily and stay a long time, and when properly motivated - by seeing a passing large ray or sea turtle - we can get 30 to 40 feet (10 to 13 meters) no problem! What a joy! Carlos is an amazing teacher. He was just wonderful with the teenagers and patient with us "old folks" until we finally got our mojo going. Love it!.. Don't miss it if you want a an experience for a lifetime of memories and new experiences.