We've been staying at Den Laman during our annual Bonaire vacation for perhaps the past 7 years. It has a superior location, access to a dock and dive shop on the property and is modern and comfortable. However, In the past 3 or so years we noticed that the service has declined - no outside guard at night, less frequent housekeeping services, office closed when we arrive, tough to get extra towels etc. If it were not for the location, we would have moved our business to another condo.
The good news is that we just got back from a week on the island. We'd seen that Den Laman got new management a few weeks prior to our trip. We were not expecting much change and were VERY PLEASED to discover our expectation was wrong. Lots of improvements had been accomplished and more were being worked on. First, we were pleased to see Amina and to be introduced to the other new office staff members, all eager to please us. When we arrived at 6:15 AM, our room was ready, the office open and staffed to greet us. We thought we noticed new sheets and a firmer feel to the mattress. For the first time in a long time all the room equipment worked first time and every time. Housekeeping was every other day! During our stay, contractors were restoring the teak steps in the central stairwell - a very nice touch. Leaving we met the security guard who was very helpful getting our luggage packed in our truck.
We were very pleased with how much had been done in such a short time. However, much still remains to be done to earn an excellent rating: 1. more comfortable furniture would be greatly appreciated. In fact, it's not really the furniture, it's the pillow cushions on the furniture which make the sofa and chairs uncomfortable; 2. Assistance getting our luggage upstairs would be appreciated; and, 3. Resolve the WIFI problem - Splash.net is weak and unreliable. Finally, if possible (and it may not be) get Sand Dollar and BDA to make peace - all the locked gates are inconvenient to guests and detract from the good service provided by these businesses. Oh, and stop charging guests to use the laundry facility. Sell detergent, but let guests use the washer and dryer for free!
Overall, we still think Den Laman offers a unique and superior combination of location and convenience. We hope the service improvement continue and that the facility regains it's top 10 Trip Advisor rating again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Den Laman is an ideal dive resort and vacation property for those who value their creature comforts as much as they appreciate instant access to adventure and exploration.The property features a total of 15 fully air conditioned units including Studios, Ocean View and Ocean Front One and Two Bedroom apartments, and one truly unique Seaside Deluxe Two Bedroom unit. All have private balconies, high-end kitchens, dining area, living areas with LCD-TV with surround sound system, DVD player and free Wi-Fi. The Seaside Deluxe Two Bedroom, the only one located on the ground floor, has an expansive walk out porch with additional dining space and a private terrace overlooking the ocean and dive dock. Bonaire Dive & Adventure is located on property, as is Breez 'n Bites - our waterfront Restaurant. There are several shops, services and restaurants all within walking distance including an Ice Cream Parlor and great restaurant! Discounted packages available for our guests at fitness and Spa center BonBida. Whether you prefer diving or snorkeling, or simply relaxing and visiting with family and friends, our accommodations, packages and programs will enable you to experience the best of Bonaire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Den Laman Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Den Laman Condominium Hotel Bonaire
- Den Laman Condominium Bonaire/Kralendijk