Hotel Club Acuario
La Pradera(Havana)
Hotel Palco(Havana)
Melia Habana(Havana)
  • Pool
All reviewsa free shuttle busan open mindenjoy your staymain restaurantcubans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2012

You get what you pay for. A 2 star at best and thats pushing it. Anything more than CAD 50 per night/room all inclusive would be a rip off. FOOD. Very basic, limited, salty, they try and present it well, a pass barely. ROOMS the first 2 we had were in the furthest building on the property since we arrived late at night we let it be 'till the next morning. Issues~ running toilets, load AC, TV not working, doors scraping the floor, locks not working, balcony sliders had NO locks, old dirty tiles and grout, awful mattress low and lumpy, sheets were very white and clean. It rained for a few hours and water was leaking into our 2nd floor room. GROUNDS, I think it's been a long long time since the side walk & pathways have been repaired, shrubs trimed, grounds swept, walls painted, garbage collected etc etc.POOL/SNACK BAR, pool was clean and we enjoyed it. Lounge chairs were filthy dirty perhaps never cleaned. We asked for pool towels and were told to use our room towels, so, the same towels you use to protect yourself from the filthy chairs are the ones you use to towel off your clean body after a pressureless shower.???? Never saw any food being served at the snack bar. Next day we asked to change rooms , perhaps we could be in the same building as the front desk which is beside the pool. We were told it's full, yet, there were only about 30 people max at the pool all day. We were given new rooms in the afternoon, different building, more of the same no locks on the balcony doors thats all- 4 rooms with no lock. Anyone can push a buddy up to the second floor and steal from you. (no room safes) there is a small fridge though that worked. I agree with all the PIC's i've seen thus adding mine would not change things, The staff, some were friendly and yet some could not give you the time of day..... would I go back ????? only if the price is right...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Praden
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Club Acuario the first week of May 2012. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. We had none of the concerns that were previously described. Room 3451 has a fully functioning AC (a bit noisy, but no worries) clear water with plenty of hot except for one day and the toilet and patio doors worked great. We have stayed at many hotels in Cuba and abroad and never had our sheets changed three times in one week! As previously written, Pedro is a dream and goes out of his way to ensure your visit is the best possible. The pool, including the pool music was the best we have every experienced. The live band, Septito Cristal are some of the best musicians we have ever heard. Hailing from Bauta, the band showcases the oldest musician in Cuba, 95 year old Adalberto (Nino de Bauta) This group performed one evening and the combined talent was nothing less than incredible.

Yes, the buffet may not have all the offerings of other resorts, but the omelets were very good and there was always fresh fruit and vegetables, beans and rice and usually a chicken dish. Frankly, I never travel to Cuba for the food! Although they did not automatically serve wine in the buffet, all you had to do was ask. The drinks were fine and if you did not like what was offered, you can always purchase a bottle of Havana Club "Special" for $7.50 and make your own. Many Cuban guests were at the hotel when we were there and this made us feel like we were truly in Cuba for the first time!

We made three trips on the shuttle to Havana Veijo and found it very convenient. After 15 trips to Cuba (20 for my sister), I finally feel like I have had a glimpse of the real Cuba. I will never do an exclusive beach holiday again. Thanks, Hotel Club Acuario - we will be back!!!

Room Tip: If you like quiet in the evening, choose a room on the back of the resort. Room 3451 was excellent
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Sisters2
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here in April in a Junior Suite

1. Location far from city centre but shuttle bus service was good.
2. No hot water
8. Junior Suite was very large and nice
9. Room was very clean
10. Common areas of the hotel and pool very clean
11. Great pool
12. Overall, not bad for the price. Little improvements would make a big difference.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are quiet and very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We just returned from our first trip to Cuba on Friday, April 27. We were booked to stay at Club Acuario for a week but left after our first night. We didn't arrive until midnight, we were pretty tired and hungry after travelling. Our first impressions of the hotel were not good. The receptionist was not very friendly, there was water all over the lobby floor, and it was very dirty and dated. When we entered our room we could not believe what we saw. Wires hanging out of the ceiling, stains all over the chairs, everything old looking and falling apart. There were holes in the ceiling especially the bathroom, the sink leaked, the toilet ran all night and would not flush properly. The lock was missing off the door, lamps had no bulbs, it was just gross. I could not believe this is where we were staying for a week. We went down to the 24 hr snack bar only to find no food there and no one cooking. The bartender was extremely unfriendly and basically ignored us. There were very questionable looking people around so we just went back up to our room. We went to bed hoping that things would look better in the morning but they did not!! As soon as we met with our Sunwing rep we requested to move to another hotel, which we did. While we were there waiting to meet with Sunwing(who was great) we attempted to eat the buffet but could hardly get more than a few bites of the disgusting food in our mouths!! We sat at the pool bar and continued to deal with more very unfriendly staff who never seemed to want to give us the time of day to order a drink. The staff at the reception desk where not much better, not friendly, helpful, etc. We could not wait to leave!!! Save your money and go somewhere else!!!
Also, you think you are getting a beach, but all you get are large rocks making it impossible to swim there!

Room Tip: There is probably not a good room at this place!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 25 April 2012

It was my first strip to Havana, Cuba. I spent a week there. The service at the hotel is unbelievable. Everyone working there is kind, friendly and go out of their way to make your experience a good one. I especially found this at the restaurant, where I needed special food requirements-I only eat seafood. The chef there, Simon ensured to meet my need by making fish for me every day even though it wasn't part of their menu (they had pork and meat for their menu). His care and understanding is what reflected amongst the people there. Attending to needs in our suite was super. One time, our light went off and within minutes, the electrician came to put a new light. The hotel is super clean, the view is fabulous overlooking the ports and at a distance you can see the seaside. Entertainment at the hotel is live with different bands performing nightly both in the restaurant, swimming pool and snack bar. Most of all, it is the people who work there who will touch your heart. Their warm friendly attitude will want you coming back again and again.

Thanks,
Fathima. You can email me for more questions/info at: fh.fahmy@gmail.com
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and perfect view of everything-restaurant, swimming pool and the hotel entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family