“Best coffee in Cuba! Nigel H”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramiros House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Ramiros House
Ranked #103 of 694 Havana B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Cuba! Nigel H”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at Ramiro's house in February of this year. Ramiro speaks very good English, being an English teacher at the University - I enjoyed talking to him about Cuba. Ramiro is really helpful, he has contacts in other towns in Cuba if you want help with planning your trip. His apartment is clean and comfortable and there is a small balcony overlooking the street. The breakfasts were better than most hotels I stayed at in Cuba and he makes excellent coffee, possibly the best in Cuba! The area is safe even quite late at night. I hope to go to Cuba again some day and I would definitely stay at Ramiro's house again.
Nigel Hosking

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank NigelHosking

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Aarhus, Arhus, Denmark
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed with Ramiro for a few days in 2012, just when I arrived in Cuba. He was very friendly and made me feel right at home. He spoke perfect english - which for me was a big help. He help me find cheap accommodation when i traveled around cuba. All the places he re recommended were great. All together I had a great experience in Cuba, to a great extend thanks to Ramiro.
Sarah

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sarah K
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed at Ramiro's Casa in February of 2012 for a full month while I studied Spanish at the University of Havana. Ramiro is a really great host, very helpful with directions and suggestions about how to get around and what to do and where to go and was so helpful. The location is close enough to the University so I could walk, but often Ramiro would drop me off as he teaches there.
It is a nice central spot - accessible to the University and also the and a short walk to catch a Collectivo Cab to the Prado and Havana Vieja. The Hotel Habana Libre and the Vedado area is within walking distance and you purchase internet time on the computers there or get a real burger in their American style diner.

The room and casa were just perfect - the bedroom large with AC and a semi-ensuite bath in a 2nd floor walk up apartment. It is very comfortable and homey. Ramiro keeps the place spotless and for a small additional amount cooked me a great breakfast and dinner during the week, leaving me free to eat out during the weekends. Ramiro speaks English, as he teaches English at the University and so it was great to practice my Spanish and he was helpful to explain things I didn't understand from class.

I am hoping to go visit Ramiro again next year - for sure I would stay there again if going to Havana.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Peggy H
Bayreuth, Germany
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed with Ramiro for a couple of days and had the best time imaginable. He made me feel very welcome and was an inspiring pool of information about Havana and Cuba :) You'll have the best time sitting on his balcony reading, drinking, smoking, talking, living.

greetings,
christoph from Germany

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Christoph1234
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Ramiro was our first host in havana, he made evrything very convenient for us !
Thanks to him, we bought our bus tickets and made the reservation for the next guest house !!!

The room was great, and ramiro's breakfast is sooooo good !!
Certainly the best place to stay !

Etienne & Carine

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EtienneHu
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed at Ramiros place the first nights we had in Cuba July 2012. Ramiro is one of the nicest people we have ever met. He was very helpful as he made arrangements and called the airport for us when our baggage did not come in with the flight (which seemingly is common when flying from Toronto to Havana). The fact that he speaks English was a great help for us since our Spanish was not that good when we arrived. He took us sightseeing and drove us to the bus station when we left Havana to go to other cities. Ramiro also offered to make arrangements with friends he knew in other cities who rents out rooms, which we made use of. All of his recommendations were very friendly and had nice places at a good price (20 CUC pr. Night for 2 persons)
Ramiros place is very good value for money and we got way more than we expected. Air condition and fan was in the room and Ramiro cooks the best breakfast in Cuba (in our experience). The neighborhood seemed very safe, and at no time did we feel uncomfortable walking around on our own. The only drawback we could find is that there are no restaurants nearby, but for 5 CUC (remember to bargain!) you can get a cab downtown, so we didn't concider it as a problem.
Ramiro has become a very good friend to us and when we left Havana he offered us his own room as we had no where else to stay, this just show how truly kind he is and we are happy that we have met him!
We would gladly stay with Ramiro again and hope that we some day will. We strongly recommend the place to other travelers! Ramiro is the best :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NBoxill
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Ramiro made us feel so welcome, the room was great and Ramiro's House is so convienient to everything.

But it's not just these things, Ramiro is a wonderful, kind person and it's a pleasure living under his roof for even a short period of time.

Just a small example of this hospitality was, upon finding out that it was my birthday, he and my partner conspired to celebrate it in style, he is knowledgable about Cuba and it's history and is on hand to help navigate the (sometimes difficult) Cuban transport system and to give advice about where to stay around all of the island.

I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple