“Worth it!”
Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #1 of 41 Nightlife in Havana
More attraction details
Owner description: Youll find yourself humming Guantanamera on the ride home from this famous open-air nightclub show that presents a song-and-dance performance reminiscent of 1950s Cuba.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a show that can't fail to please. Beautiful people dancing brilliantly to happy music in the most spectacular costumes.

Luxury from the moment you walk past the famous fountain.

Have the meal - it's simple but nice and we had the best cocktails there. You are also given cocktails and rum galore during the show. Unforgettable (and I don't even like light music!).

4  Thank sirenewno1
Write a ReviewReviews (2,234)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have to admit, this isn't usually my kind of thing. We did this as part of our "Havana Special" trip arranged through The Holiday Place. I actually really enjoyed it!

One thing I didn't know until we were actually sat down is that it's outside, so that is something to keep in mind when planning what it is you need to take! You will also need to pay 5CUC if you intend to take pictures with a camera.

As you enter, men are given a free cigar, whilst women are given a flower. For every table (sits 4), you get a 1 litre bottle of rum and 4 cans of Tukola (their Coca-Cola) for free. This is however provided once the show already starts. I made the mistake of asking for (what I thought was) my free can of coke before the show and it cost me 5CUC.

The show itself was very entertaining. The highlight for me were two guys who were balancing on each other in so many different ways I had to pick my jaw up. You'd know what I mean when you see them! There was also a small magic show with was quite terrible.

I can't say I'd rush to see it again, but it was something that I wanted to do whilst I was in Havana.

3  Thank TomJi1
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We watched this with dinner included (85 CUC + 15 CUC). Though we all agreed it was pricey, the show and singing were excellent and very entertaining. The best of all - the dancers were very beautiful. It brings out the finest in Cuban cabaret and the songs will leave you humming in no time (great voices). For the dinner package, it is advisable to arrive by 845pm to give sufficient time for dinner. We chartered a cab from old Havana (40CUC two-way) which took us about 20 minutes (located in the outskirt of Havana) - performance starts at 10pm and ends around 12mn (with party thereafter).

It may be "open-air" but the venue is definitely intimate (small) and classy. We had a great night - and will highly recommend this as a must-do for anyone heading to Havana!

1  Thank doverproperty
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is one of the best shows we have seen. The various types of music and dances, singing choreography, colourful and vibrant dresses were more than amazing to observe and indulge in the nights entertainment. The costumes were stunning. It was a little expensive but worth every peso/pound! We were greeted at the door with a cigar for men and a flower for ladies. The setting and ambience was highly enjoyable.

1  Thank Miro P
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was a given we'd go here on our honeymoon!
Very cheesy and quite tacky but a real fun night

We had a 3 course meal with a glass of bubbly and a bottle of rum with our ticket
food was average but good value (most food in cuba is average we found)

The act's were very talented (but some of the side dancers seemed a bit rusty)
but over all was very entertaining and a fun thing to do in Havana!

1  Thank VickyBirminghamUK