“Good mid-range option in Havana” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Deauville

Hotel Deauville
Ranked #70 of 78 Hotels in Havana
Oslo, Norway
“Good mid-range option in Havana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

A good option in between the 5-star city centre hotels and the budget casas. Rooms on the higher floors have amazing views over Havana, the Malecon and the Carribean. Has a nice pool on the 6th floor (outdoors), and good breakfast. A bit of a walk to the capitol building and the Old Havana, but not too inconvenient. Easy to find when arriving in Havana with a car, as is it just on the Malecon.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lecheria, Venezuela
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

This hote is not recommendable, except the poo area (on a 6th floor), daily complimentary breakfast and location (in front of malecon and waking distance to many places in Havana). Expensive and dirty.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Havana hotels

Peterborough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

after reading some grim reviews we went with trepidation that was completely unfounded. easy check in, efficient staff, big room - basic but clean and comfy, good breakfast - apart from the coffee, superb views, easy walk to old and new havana. it/we all felt very secure - we hired a safe key for the room and were never hassled. pool was great place to relax between day time exploring and night time eating. it suited us fine to stay here at very low cost and explore the flasher hotels while having a decent cup of morning coffee - Havana is fabulous and you won't want to be in your hotel for long however much you pay for it!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

Basci and clean is the way I would describe it. If your in Havan then you should be in Havana not in your room.

Room is basic but clean. Maid every day.

Pool is on 6th floor. Its ok but your nor going to train for the olympics in it.

Security is good for a City hotel (Room safe and Door person.)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Stockholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

Got a room with a fantastic wiew over Malecon and the sea, a wiew to die for. A lot of the rooms have great wiews, ask for that at the very friendy reception. Rooms average otherwise but very clean, bathrooms too. The pool on the 6th floor was really refreshing after a walk in town. Good breakfasts and overall nice staff.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

I should start by saying that I am a seasoned traveller and am used to staying at hostels and cheaper hotels so I never expect much and since I have worked in the hotel industry my whole life I don't hold staff or the hotel responsible for small problems. But this place let me down more than any place ever since we paid approx 90 Canadian a night. Crappy part of old havana where the locals set upon me and my wife the second we left the place. Had to take a long walk to the better part of old Havana which I didn't want to take with my wife at night. We were all fine with exploring havana new and old on foot, but this particular section is kinda off.
Everything was out of order including the lobby bar, the elevator on our floor and the one below, and there is no internet as indicated. There was no water in the entire hotel for a whole day and night. We left at nine in the morning without showering and they said it would be back in an hour. When we returned at eight at night it was still off and when I called to complain about it cause we wanted to shower and go back out, they basically laughed and at one point sarcastically told me they could bring me icecubes. The staff is rude and don't really care about you at all and this is saying a lot from me since I never complain about this stuff. never.
what else.
cabs outside ready to rip you off in conjunction with the doorman. I walked to get beer and one followed me to the store pretending to be "my friend" and then once there put me on the spot in front of some other locals and asked for a few beers for himself.
Life I said, it is fine if you are paying less, but not for 90 bucks. Go to the better hotels at the main central park area for about the same. We wished we did.
This is my first bad review on this site so it says something about this place.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hooventood7
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

I have been to Cuba about 6 times in the past 2 1/2 years and stayed at the Deauville at least part of the time, each trip.They are renovating and the pool is temp closed, but the reception and restaurant areas are clean and modern.Rooms are clean and QUIET !
Staff are more than friendly. This is a secure, safe hotel. I did not know that there was a nightclub until my last stay, it is so quiet.. The breakfast is perfect. If you don't see what you want, just ask for it. Unfortunately, there have been elevator problems the past 2 stays. Not good if you are on the upper levels. Hot water not always working, but it is never really cold. Restaurant is clean, efficient and very cheap ( as is all Cuba )

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo