“4th time staying here....first time since april 2011”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sercotel Lido

Sercotel Lido
Ranked #60 of 78 Hotels in Havana
Edmonton, Canada
“4th time staying here....first time since april 2011”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was shocked as it was still as cheap as before & the elevator actually worked. They gave me room #505 which was actually decent. I had a problem with toilet but didn't want to move as I had a good balcony view & the room was renovated. The handy man fixed it in an hour. I'm use to it not having hot water but I got quite a few warm showers in which was also a surprise but wasn't needed as it was 35-40c outside. The food still is not very good but I only ever ate my free ham & cheese sandwich for breakfast anyway. The staff all remembered me & most knew my full name. I am pretty hard to forget but still it was nice to be treated so well & remembered. The world cup is on so the lobby bar was busy with locals during games but I had no issues. It was nice to see that they done renovations to the hotel as it was pretty run down & the elevator never use to work half the time. great location as it is centrally located near the malecon & a block off the prado. you can walk anywhere from here. I get treated better then most there by what i have read. i had a Cuban stay with me & it does say no guests in room if they are not staying in the hotel but they never stopped me when i brought a swiss tourist up to my room. maybe nobody saw but nobody said anything. That rule is in place i think because you do get local women in the lobby & they want to make sure they are paying guests if they want to stay in the hotel. they are not going to let tourists bring locals or friends up to their rooms without them paying it when they have only paid for single. Do the math for those who complain about this. They would be losing money if they had too many beers & slept in your room. This is happens in many hotels not just here.

Room Tip: room 505 was the best room i had yet there. i get great treatment as i have brought them business ov...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Ok, so it was cheap, and I got what I paid for. But the view from the balcony was great, I could see the Capitol building. I had a room on the 4th floor, but the music from the upstairs restaurant was really loud. The desk staff were not very helpful when I was checking in, but the man when I was checking out spoke English and was quite friendly. The water in the shower was not warm.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Janelle C
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel on my first trip to Havana in November 1992. It was cheap hotel, good location, bad service, cheap food in the restaurant downstairs and cheap drinks in the rooftop bar. We were just awaiting our flight home and it was safe place to be at the time in strange country.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yuris63
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Dirty, dark, with small rooms, tiny toilets, an old look, and located in a of ill repute street, at least according to Lonely Planet.
Furthermore, the hall is full of prostitutes. Avoid it; you'll find something better in La Habana for sure.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mic844
Miami Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel on my first trip to Havana. It was very inexpensive and centrally located a block away from El Prado. The hotel was very old and the room was had that funky smell of mold. the shower just had cold water. When I complained about not having hot water they told me that they would fixed that. Well the whole week I stayed there I never had management fix the problem. I
When my cousins came to visit I was not allowed to bring them into the room. In the morning they had a breakfast buffet for $15. the quality of what they had was awful. They had a bar up on the roof of the building with cheap cocktails and for me that was about the only thing worth it. One day I had a visit from some men clamming that they were from the state security asking me all kinds of questions, That was very scary. I also hated that the staff was constantly asking for me to help them resolve what ever need they need. After that I decided to checkout and stay at my cousins house. Never again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Barnet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

This hotel is cheap by Havana standards and also centrally located. It is quite a bit cheaper than a casa particular and presents a better option for budget travellers due to its location just off the Prado.

The room was less than impressive with a very tired feel about it. Peeling veneer on the furniture and dingy, musty feel. Still, for the price was better than I expected. I stayed here for three nights and on each one, there was no hot water and the shower was little more than a dribble. Also, had to use my flip-flops to terminate a few massive cockroaches. Lovely!

The one redeeming feature of the hotel was the pleasantness of the staff, who are friendly and jocular. I speak some Spanish, so perhaps this helped. Even so, I was pleased with the service and managed to negotiate a very good rate for the taxi to the airport at the end of my stay. I wasn't due at the airport til the late afternoon/early evening and the hotel was kind enough to look after all my stuff even though they had no formal storage arrangements.

Pleased, but don't expect casa quality and quirkiness!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are noisy as they face the street. Would avoid these, they are also more expensive. Th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Jake-Aman
langnau am Albis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

The price for value is good. The hotel is cheap and simple, there was everything what we needed for our short stay in la habama. A simple breakfeast with a great view from the rooftop is includet. Nice place for only little money.

• Stayed December 2012