All reviewsstar resortrealistic expectationslobby barhavana citycuban foodfresh towelsrice and beansother countriespinabankcucs
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Ignore the bad reports this hotel has, I let property so I know that some people are impossible to please.
“Dingy rooms” for example, they have special ‘Sun Dim’ glass so the sun does not come streaming in!

They are upgrading this hotel unobtrusively and soon its rating will go up.
It is spacious with lots of public areas and is in a good position.
The beach is the best I saw in that area and there was always a hotel sunbed available (no Germans here)
The internet ($2 per hour) was quick.
The food is good (for Cuba) and I loved the red wine, who will be the first wine snob to comment……..

My biggest criticism is the over use of the air-conditioning the computer room particularly was freezing but I suppose many guests want that.
I found the staff friendly and generally helpful especially Dania in Public relations she made me feel very welcome
I felt completely safe both in the hotel and on the beach, and the room safes were the first I have had confidence in (old russian technology) See:- Youtube Hotel Safes
Well I intend to return , that says everything doesn’t it?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank coolshooz
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel MarAzul, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Client .

On name of the Tropicoco hotel many thanks for your comments,
we appreciate it very much, thank for your preference, it was a pleasure
we are sure see you as soon as possible.
Best regards .
Public Relations

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We had a great time at the tropicoco, staff is excellent if you tip them!! The staff make the best of what they have to work with! remember everyone there is no Home Depot or Safeways so don't expect the Best Western, Tropicoco was a grand place when it was new. But guess what... its not new anymore. Please give it a chance and don't have high expectations. It is clean and a great location. Tips go along way, we were treated great and had help anytime we needed it.Hoping to get an update on how the old girl faired trough Irma.
I am hoping the manager will read this and let me know how the tropicoco is after the hurricane! i heared it would be not available in the near future. Hope it will recover!
Orlando the door man is very helpful , and Bondo in his little blue Lada is an excellent person and cab driver and also very reliable and on time. So ..THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE TROPICOCO STAFF.. i miss you all! And to everyone else , don't take your bad holiday out on the Tropicoco. 2.5 stars remember in my eyes at least a 4 for location , clean and very helpful. This is my second review only because i am tired of reading bad reviews! I LIKE THE TROPICOCO! GIVE IT A CHANCE! (HOPE IT REOPENS)

Room Tip: Back side has suites, no ocean view but nice rooms, ocean view are smaller , at least some are.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank B H
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel MarAzul, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Customer.

Thank you for your positive opinions, we are very satisfied because it means that our clients appreciate our effort to improve our services, it also means we have achieved it.
the hotel Tropicoco reopened its setting after Hurricane Irma, with a new image and many changes for good, you can find photos in our profile.
Thank you for trusting us on behalf of staff the Tropicoco hotel .

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Spent 7 days at Tropicoco and was apprehensive based on what I had read. It is a fallen gem that will be restored by Spain beginning in November. Friendly staff, good Cuban cuisine (choices limited) with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Free daily shuttle to Havana, beach is pristine and clean, shops and food stalls in abundance. Built by the Russians, weathered but clean and comfy. Glad I stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donald S

Dear client.

Thank you very much on name of all of the workers of Tropicoco hotel
all yours comment are very important for us that work thinking on all of you.
it very nice to know that you enjoy your stay in ours hotels see you soon .
best regards .
Public Relations .

Reviewed 28 August 2017

It rained the first night inside and outside of my room. I still was like ok no biggy. I asked if I could move room and they said no. Still ok it is Cuba. The next day we had a bat in our room. We had to get out of there. The beach was the best part. A lot of locals very friendly

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank funseeker95
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel MarAzul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear client .
It is really nice to know that with a bad weather, you enjoyed yours travels really it is true that was raining so much during last week ,and when it happen the water enter in some of the rooms ,but we have one cleaner staff ready to help to all of ours client that report it in the reception ,the clients don´t need to change the rooms for that reason, thank you for write us, like this we understand that we need to be more fast next time .
best regards

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Avoid this hotel. It is very reb down, nothing like the pictures. The rooms are dark and dingy with Cockroaches. The air conditioning is very loud and. It even that cold. The staff at the main desk are not helpful at all. The hotel is far from Havana with is not helpful as shuttle only goes once a day at 9:45. The food is discusting.
Avoid

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank barnettkisha
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel MarAzul, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Client.
We regret not having met your expectations and all the inconveniences suffered in our hotel, we make that your our problems will help us.
We are in a process of renovation with investment, a new project for the Tropicoco hotel we are sure will become the best hotel in all of Santa Maria Beach
best regards .