Hotel Sercotel Caribbean
US$443
US$277
Cancelon
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We had the 3 first night in Cuba - La Habana at this hotel, and this is one of my worst hotel experiences ever. At least if you take the price of the room in to consideration.

The hotel looks ok from the outside, and it is fairly close to everything, so I can´t complain about the location, but except from that, it is extremely overprices. The room is a small old thing with a noisy AC. There is a place for you to hang your clothing, and a few laps. It comes with a small safe, but that one comes with a extra fee (2.5 CUC a day).

Bathroom was horrible. If you want a shower you will have to wait for around 5 - 6 min before the water is of a decent temperature.
The toilet was the worst. There is not much water pressure, so you have major problems flushing down after you have been using it.

At the second floor there is a telephone you can use for a charge. We lived at the third floor, and we could hear everything being said when people was calling. There is absolutely no form of sound isolation in the room.

If I can recall correctly we paid 132 € for 3 nights, and it was just a waste.

Room Tip: Simply just avoid this place and choose a private Casa
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed 10 January 2013

It is a good starting point in Havana, the rate is cheap and you get what you pay for. Rooms with patio windows, not too much light, small, basic, but the linens were clean. Staff is nice and helpful. Breakfast - not too much to choose from, but fulfilling. Hot water all the time, but no light in our bathroom. Safe in room. You want it for its location as it's right on Prado (Paseo de Martí) and it's a good base for exploring the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina Q
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Hotel Caribbean is in a really great location, really easy to get the main sites in Havana. The breakfast is good and the coffee is even better - this was the first of many places that I tasted the great Cuban coffee!

Rooms are basic, feel a bit run-down, but do the job and they are clean, a little dark inside. Love the different coloured walls on each level, very tropical!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank snowtravelled
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I agree with most of the reviews I read - great location, basic room and wonderfully friendly staff. To folks who are overly critical I say c'mon, it's Havana people! This is a very poor country and you can't expect to go there expecting The Four Seasons....I found it to be safe, secure, and clean. Water was inconsistent, and the sheets were pretty worn through, but they were clean and our cleaning person was so kind and attentive that she made up for it!

There are nice hotels, but they are really expensive. If you are going to make the journey to Cuba, save your money to spend on great art and lot's of rum!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rosa A
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed here for the first couple of nights as part of a group tour. The hotel reception were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included and was again ok. Omlette with toast and marmalade both days. They do have safety deposit boxes but you have to pay extra for them.

The room we had was very small. No natural light and no windows facing outside. the window we had in the room just faced out to the Elevator. The air Condition was good at keeping the room nice and cool but it was very very noisy but that seemed to be the case with any air con I used in all the hotels I stayed in while on my trip. The room was a tight squeeze for 2 people. But the beds were comfortable enough and the staff in the hotel were good. They also let us use their spare room to store our luggage in on the last day of my tour as My flight didn't leave until 9 pm and I had 8 hours to spare before I had to leave for the airport.

So all in all. Small rooms, but comfortable, Noisy air con but needed as it gets very very warm. Ok breakfast will keep you going until lunch time. Friendly Staff. Internet access. Small bar and lounge area to sit in.

Room Tip: If you can try and get a room Facing the main street. they are bigger and they let in a little natural light.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends