“Greatest views of Havana”
Review of Casa Alina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Alina
Ranked #484 of 699 Havana B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Greatest views of Havana”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Alina's casa was the first place we stayed on our trip and it was a great place to start. Alina and her husband Esteban have a spacious and airy apartment at the top of a tenement in the centre of Old Havana. Each side of the flat has spectacular views of the city and the bay. Although it was over 30 degrees every day we were there we did not need air conditioning at night because the flat was so airy. Despite the noise of the city the flat was quiet and peaceful. We had exclusive use of a bathroom that was spotlessly clean every day. Each day Alina made us a huge and generous breakfast of fruit, freshly made fruit juice, eggs, freshly baked bread, cheese, salad and coffee. I usually didn't need to eat again until the evening! We ate dinner at the flat one night and it was one of the best meals we had in Cuba. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and Alina made her a completely different meal to mine.

Alina is a lovely, friendly lady who helped us book all our other accommodation for our trip, which was not only a huge relief, but helped us stay in 3 other wonderful casas. Alina has little English, but her cheery and friendly husband Esteban is quite fluent so it was easy for us non-Spanish speakers.

We were made to feel very welcome, and I have no hesitation in recommending this casa to you.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Maidenhead
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Thanks to Alina, Esteban and family for a great stay.

The apartment is on the 7th floor, so there are great views across the city and a beautiful breeze as the windows can be opened without risk of mozzies or much noise.

Esteban and Alina are very friendly and helpful. Despite only being notified of a booking for a couple they soon sorted out a double, double bed room for us. The meals were only great and they sorted out taxis for us when we left.

The room was good for the kids with a great view and we could use the central room to read in the evenings. Alina has quite a few ornaments - hopefully they survived!

Havana is great. Pretty intense for the kids though. A couple of days was enough for them, but they loved the horse rides, the music and playing with Alina and Esteban's grand daughter!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve H
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I recommend Alina's casa a great base for exploring Havana, especially old Havana. Alina is a wonderful cook - you will really enjoy your breakfasts and dinners there. Alina's family are lovely people too. We stayed there in December 2009/January 2010 and would certainly stay there again.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KSawa
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I been staying in Alina's house for the last 6 years every time I visit Cuba with my family. I'm Cuban so I go there at least once every year. Having two girls I needed to stay in a child friendly place, close to all of the main amenities in Havana and a room that had enough space to cater for my two girls, my husband and I, and I found it all in Alina's house! Being a Cuban I knew exactly what I was expecting and I can honestly say that I would recomend Alina's house to everyone! Alina and her husband speak English and this made my husband feel good as he doesnt speak much spanish and with a mixture of English and Spanish he can make himself understood by all the family there.
The food is gorgeous and great value for money! The house is clean, comfortable and the views of Havana Vieja are great, you are able to see El Capitolio and the Morro Cabana out of two of the windows in the house.
The whole family is very welcoming and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I can honestly say that I wouldnt dream of staying in any other place when I visit Havana, this is why I make sure that I make my booking with plenty of time before I'm due to arrive.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Arianne J
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at Casa Alina with two friends and we were supposed to only stay for one week but ended up staying there for three weeks because of the amazing hospitality, friendliness and all-round amazing food and warmth February 2010. I would recommend this B&B to anyone as Alina and her family takes very good care of you in everyway so you feel part of the family :) I cant wait to go back :-)!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SturleSL
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Alina. She is a friendly host and a good cook! The house is clean, comfortable and well located in Habana Vieja, with a lovely view of the Capitolio from the kitchen. The room had 2 double beds, air conditioning and a useful fridge with bottles of water (at 1.50 CUC each). The bathroom was across the hall from the bedroom, but we seemed to be the only ones using it.

Alina speaks a little English and with our basic Spanish we got by just fine. She was really great at recommending (and helping to book) other casas for our trip, which was very much appreciated.

Overall, we would recommend staying at Casa Alina!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnaFialko
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have stayed two times at Casa Alina, and will definitely come back:)
Located two parallel streets from Calle Obispo, makes it very central in Havana Vieja.
Alina and her family is very nice and provide good service.
They rent out two large rooms; one with two large beds, the other one has one large bed. These two rooms share a bathroom. Clean and nice!
Alina makes the best breakfast in Havana!!! The dinner is also higly recommended!!
Ability to borrow internet there too. Alina understands a little bit english, her husband Esteban speaks very good english. Strongly recomended Casa:-)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annelise_Norway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havana
Tlalpan
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mexico Medica Sur
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mexic...
#165 of 307 in Mexico City
City Express Plus Periferico Sur...
#239 of 307 in Mexico City
#232 of 307 in Mexico City
Villas & Suites Real Azteca
Villas & Suites Real Azteca
#85 of 145 in Mexico City

Been to Casa Alina? Share your experiences!