“San Felipe Hotel- a fine experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Havana
Hotel Palacio del Marques de San Felipe y Santiago de Bejucal
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Havana
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The pictures did not represent the rooms I stayed in (2) on two occasions during my trip to Cuba. The rooms was spacious although the lights were a bit dim. THe hotel ambiance ws top notch and the breakfast room had outstanding food although the service seemed less than professional...I thought the waitors may have been a bit new to the job.

There was one computer for use by guests and it worked most of the time and not too many people were using it. I did not connect in my room but others did.

Room Tip: Ak to see the room and test out the lamps for good bulbs.Ask for a higher floor so as no to hear str...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2013

The location and setting of this hotel is fantastic. If you want a boutique style hotel in the heart of the old culture of Havana this is it. Easy to meander around the lanes to local bars, cafes, right on San Francisco square. Room was lovely, food was great and staff welcoming, will definitely return one day, loved it. Were here for 5 nights B&B

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed for 3 days and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. The breakfast/bar area are particularly pleasant as it is cool. After much (!!) scientific research, we also reckon that the Mojitos we had here were the best during our week-long visit. Staff are friendly as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

A perfect location on plaza San Francisco on the edge of Havana vieja. Access straight to all the prime places to visit for historic Havana all within walking distance. Very clean and quiet with a lovely old world ambience. Our room was ok without being special, comfortable and overlooking the large Chinese restaurant next door. This was neither noisy nor smelly and did not cause any problems. Breakfast was waiter/waitress service and quite good. Service was variable depending upon how much time you felt you had, in relaxed surroundings. Reception was helpful and overall we found this was a nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The best experience we had in Cuba; clean, very large and confortable room
Front desk and restaurant personal very nice (especially Andres at the breakfast & restaurant service). Situated in the middle of old city, just perfect.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claudine k
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This boutique hotel is nice and aims to please. My room was on the dark side and it was very difficult to regulate the temperature. There was a refrigerator in the room that was so noisy, I had to unplug it. I was not expecting a luxurious experience. The bed was uncomfortable and I did not love the pillows or the sheets. The bathroom had good lighting but the shower/bath combination was challenging. Breakfast was included and it was very decent. I had dinner at the hotel one night and it was also good. The service at the hotel is quite acceptable and the people that work there were extremely pleasant. I was on a cultural tour so I did not have a choice as to where I stayed. I do not have a basis of comparison. If you purchased a WIFI card, chances are it worked. I stayed in room 403. It was not great. As I stated, the location is prime.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jss56
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The hotel is in the perfect location for walking and touring the entire city. Safe and well lighted area, even at night.
The included breakfast was yummy, but the servers seemed intentionally uninterested in serving us. Rude. We did not experience that level of service anywhere else on our trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends