“A little pricier than most but best meal in Havana”

Restaurant - Paladar - La Moraleja
Ranked #57 of 854 Restaurants in Havana
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El “joven” restaurant abrió sus puertas el 13 de febrero del 2011, luego de meses de una ardua labor de sus dueños y de todo el equipo de trabajo. Enclavado en el patio de una hermosa casona del Vedado estilo años `40, tiene un especial magnetismo que se aprecia desde su amplia y fresca entrada, sus salones (al aire libre y climatizado), su singular cocina y la excelencia del servicio.Con un selecto menú se complacen los gustos de toda la clientela. La variedad es amplia y va desde nuestra comida tradicional hasta recetas únicas e innovadoras de una total tendencia gourmet; siendo el factor común la selección cuidadosa de los ingredientes y las atrevidas presentaciones que realzan las texturas, sabores, colores y aromas.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Visited this restaurant at the end of May 2014. Friendly greeting on arrival and instant recommendations on food and specials. The manager is an avid up seller but most definitely does not do so just to lure you in to the more pricey menu options but genuinely because his recommendations are phenomenal!

The restaurant itself is well set out, homely and comfortable. Our cocktails were also great, mojitos weren't the best I've ever had but the daiquiris were fantastic!! The lamb and rabbit were probably the most well cooked pieces of meat any of out group had tasted and were perfectly seasoned with lots of flavour. We were given complementary Cuban rum and choice of cigar at the end of our meal which was a great touch. All in all you can probably expect to spend around 30 CUC for a three course meal but it is 110% worth it!!!

Olga L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Restaurant - Paladar - La Moraleja, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello friend!

Thank you very much for sharing with others your comments and opinion. We are very glad you enjoy your meal, the meat, the daiquiris and all the details. We hope to see you soon again in your next trip to Cuba. So, you are Welcome every time.

Warm regards from Havana, La Moraleja Staff

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was invited to this wonderful paladar by a friend. we went there for lunch but I am sure that it would be much better at night. The place is small with a garden and a little indoor area which is air-conditioned. As it was noon, this was our preference.

Service was excellent and the waiters were very helpful.
The seafood plate as a starter was a very good choice, as was lobster as the main dish.
My preference was rabbit cooked in port wine. Rabbit in Cuba is usually very good
and it was very tender and delicious here.
I had ice cream parfait at the end which was also good.
Everything was served gracefully.

I would definitely recommend this paladar to gourmet travellers.

I have no idea about prices as I was there by invitation.
But They are probably quite high.

Olga L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Restaurant - Paladar - La Moraleja, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hi!!!

Thanks a lot for sharing whith other people your opinion and comments about our restaurant. We are very glad you had a great time and you enjoy so much the lunch at La Moraleja. We hope you come back soon.

Best regards from Havana, La Moraleja Staff

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This restaurant (paladar) is located close to the hotel where I stayed, Melia Havana Libre. It is just a few minutes on foot from this hotel. I had lunch there at 5 pm (not sure if it was already dinner) and the restaurant was empty. The waitresses were kind and the maitre advised us grilled lobster. We decided to have another meal, though. The food was good and so the service, but I consider this restaurant more expensive than other good ones in Havana. It is a good option for Melia Havana Libre guests who do not want to walk much or take a taxi to another place in town.

Olga L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Restaurant - Paladar - La Moraleja, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello friend!

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and comments with other visitors . We are glad you enjoy your visit to our restaurant.
We hope to see you soon again

Best regards, La Moraleja Staff

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have gone to Moraleja a number of times now, and it never fails to make me feel very much at hme: welcome, comfortable, very well taken care of. It was the first paladar I went to in Havana, and I remember being so very impressed right off the bat with the wonderful ambience and the highly professional decor. I had expected something more make-shift, but Moraleja was, even 3 years ago, already at the front of the pack of paladars in terms of design, service, presentation and quality of food.
Every meal that my friends -- American and Cuban -- and I have had here has been outstanding. Whether it is traditional Cuban cuisine or more fusion oriented, everything is very well and thoughtfully prepared. Excellent choices especially when it comes to fish selections.
If wine is your thing, they have a wide variety of options, which are attractively stored both in the enclosed air-conditioned dining room, as well as in the wine cellar, which also serves as a dining room.
Staff is always inviting and friendly. Management often checks in to make sure all is well.
Never had a bad experience, and always come back for more!

Olga L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Restaurant - Paladar - La Moraleja, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello friend,

Thank you very much for all your comments and for sharing your opinion about our restaurant with others. We feel very glad you choose us and that you always have a great time with us and feel at home. We hope you come back again very soon. Thank you very much. Welcome back!

Best regards from La Habana, La Moraleja Staff

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We savoured a truly excellent sojourn dining and appreciating Cuban hospitality late December 2013 at La Moraleja. Gorgeous comfortable furniture, decor, plants and flowers, created an airy sumptuous air conditioned private as well as sociable ambiance. My delicious dinner of ceviche appetizer, special salad, lamb entree - was prepared and presented with exquisite style and grace. Relaxed, efficient service was provided by gentle intelligent young beautiful adults, with good English skills, attentive to our every need and knowledgeable of our curiosities. High quality afterdinner drinks, cigars, remarkable desserts, perfect coffee, music, conversation in the special luxurious cellar lounge surrounded by fine objects of culture and history made this one of our most pleasurable outings ever, anywhere. I fully recommend La Moraleja. Muchas gracias for a superb evening.

Olga L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Restaurant - Paladar - La Moraleja, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello!!!!

Thank you very much for all the comments and for sharing your opinion about our restaurant with other visitors. We feel very glad that you have a great time with us. That is the most important thing for what we work every day. We hope to see you soon again.

Best regards from Havana, La Moraleja Staff