“Wonderful house!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Miriam y Sinai
Ranked #123 of 694 Havana B&B and Inns
Sweden
“Wonderful house!!!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed 16 nights and I had a lifetime experience. The house was clean and comfortable and the owners and the staff were very nice. I found it through www.cubaccommodation.com. Alain, the Sales Manager I thought, was very helful. I definitely recommend you Casa Miriam & Sinai and the Cubaccommodation services. A. L from Sweden.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My friend and I stayed in this lovely Casa for 6 nights. The room was comfortable and very clean. Great location and we were able to walk to everything. Miriam and Sinai were lovely hosts, always helpful and friendly. Breakfast was plentiful. I recommend this Casa for a wonderful stay in Havana.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Definitely a nice house well equipped and fully furnished but the lady played a very bad game towards us. We had been to several casas particulares and had a great treatment regarding drinks. In other houses never had to pay for water and sometimes we were given f.e. mango juice or lemonades free. We were not expecting this, but we asked the lady some water and she was giving us bottles, only after the 4th bottle she asks for money without even informing us in the first place that was not free of charge. When I made her notice this she got upset and became totally arrogant. Since then we got no hospitality what so ever.
On top of this, you can tell IN THIS HOUSE THEY ARE TIGHT, BREAKFAST WAS VERY POOR FOR 4 CUC. ( no fruit, no marmelade, 1 tomato in slices for 2 people, 1 glass of water each, no more) The lady justify herself saying that fruit is expensive in Havana...O__O DON'T FORGET WITH 1 CUC they can buy 25 bananas because they use a different money!! I would not raccomand this house cos these people are TIGHT. In many other houses u get a much better treatment and a rich breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Laura F
London
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We booked to stay 2 nights but ended up staying 3 nights. There was no problem staying in the room for another night. Room was clean, light and airy. We had a balcony looking over the street. Breakfast was great value, and location very good, close to the centre of town. We were greatful to have Sinai to speak English.

Room Tip: La Flor de Loto - lotus flower is a short walk away and has excellent food - great servce and value...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife, mother and law and I stayed here in November for 5 nights. We are seasoned travellers who speak Spanish but we had never been to Havana. Simply, this Casa is in a very central location with a team who look out for their guests best interest. The room was big and spotless with a large bathroom... larger than most hotel rooms we saw elsewhere.

Location: 5 blocks from Parque Centrale, with the top hotels for internet, pool, fitness, dining if you need it. Try the rooftop pool at either the Parque Centrale Hotel or the Hotel Saratoga.... both fantastic. Late at night the walk up Neptuno can be a little dark so take a taxi...very cheap... and be sure to negotiate. The central park is the perfect launch into old Havana... you are minutes away at the Casa.

Transport: We found a guy the first day with a beautiful old Gold Dodge, got his cell # and had him take us around... agreed on prices before hand but usually around 15 CUC per hour.

Honesty above all: I left my wedding band and my father's 1956 Gold college ring in the safe at the Casa due to grogginess ahead of our 7 am flight. Realized when seated on the Air Canada plane. Called the Casa... Miriam found the rings and promised to keep them safe. I was able to send a friend by the next day and they were returned to me safe and sound. Based on how we were treated, I should have expected nothing less but it was good to see it in action. Feel safe leaving you and your things here because they will be treated with utmost respect.

Value: We have stayed at many types of hotels/accommodation from Hostels to the Ritz. This place is 25 CUC a night. The Park Central hotel is 280 CUC. The latter is very fancy, but I'm not sure the difference is worth it. When we needed the services, we went to the hotel. Otherwise, we stayed in a beautiful old building at a great price and really felt a bit more connected to a real Cuban home.

Food: Simple, excellent breakfast, didn't eat other meals at the Casa.

Overall: a great base for exploring Havana.... with honest, kind people who will do their very best to help you with whatever you may require.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank drdisaster
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I agree with the positive comments other reviewers have made about Miriam & Sinai. They are indeed gracious hosts. However, there are other reasons why they deserve high praise.
When I booked with them, since no room was available for the first few days of my visit, they offered to arrange accommodation elsewhere. I was told to go to their Casa, where they greeted me and then escorted me to the other Casa. Although I was staying elsewhere, Miriam & Sinai assumed responsibility for my well-being. Beyond this, Miriam & Sinai honor reservations, even if it means turning other clients away. This is uncommon.
If you have a reservation with them, or if they are full and offer to accommodate you elsewhere, you can be confident it will be honored. They take stress and uncertainty out of visiting Havana.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stewart P
Barcelona
Reviewed 16 January 2012

A clean, tidy and very friendly Casa Particular in central Havana. Miriam and Sinai as hostesses made our stay very pleasant. We recommend it entirely for anyone visiting Havanna.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple