“Hotel Nacional eat your heart out!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Miriam y Sinai
Ranked #129 of 699 Havana B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel Nacional eat your heart out!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

There can't be a better place in all of Havana than Miriam y Sinai's casa. And there certainly are no nicer people or more gracious hosts! Perfect accommodation, great location, spotlessly clean and terrific breakfasts served in a charming, outdoor courtyard. The 1940's colonial-style house is beautiful, well appointed, with high ceilings, air conditioning and ceiling fans. An oasis away from the hustle and bustle, yet fascinating Neptuno street, over which the small living room balcony looks.
Fantastic accommodation! 10/10

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank tonysgold

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Delden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Located on Neptuno, a lively street in the center, between the Prado and hotel Nacional, about 10 minutes walk from the Capitolio / Old Havana. On the first floor, large living room with a patio and kitchen. Rooms all have private shower and toilet. Our room is on the street side and has a small balcony overlooking Neptuno. Beautiful, cozy spacious room with high ceilings, high doors, air conditioning, ceiling fan and several other fans.Two good beds, hangers, safe, refrigerator and a spacious bathroom with sink shower and toilet. Shower is good and hot, 2 towels are included. A nice breakfast is served on the patio, fresh fruit, coffee, fried egg and fresh pastries. A nice and relaxed atmosphere, friendly people giving tips, directions and information.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed at Case Miriam y Sinai in January 2013 and our stay was really great.The place is very well located (walking distance to Havana Vieja, restaurants, shops, very nice ice-cream place jusr around the corner). The room was extremely clean, quiet and pleasant. For the Cuban standard, the bathroom was outstanding.The owners are very polite and friendly. The breakfast was delicious and copious. During my stay I felt like I am visiting again the house of my grandmother. The books, the furniture, the colonial style and the friendly athmosphere, it was like a déjà vue, like a dream. I would definately choose Case Miriam y Sinai over any hotel in Havana.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Vpetrishky
northants
Reviewed 3 January 2013

east to get to the Malecon
Plaza Central etc all in wlking distance-we walked everywhere
emails are really quick too
at £30CUC plus 4CUC for bfast
its great and Miriam is so accomodating-letting us stay on for our night flight home

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank rosamundNorthants
Toronto
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I first stayed at Case Miriam y Sinai in 2007 and it was such a positive experience that when I visited Havana again five years later, in November 2012, I hoped to stay again at the casa, in the same room. My reservation was confirmed promptly and with great courtesy by email. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly and it already felt like home to me. A few small improvements since my last visit in 2007 I noticed, like a small secure safety deposit box now in the room. And of course, everything like the fridge and lights worked perfectly. The adjoining washroom was spotless and I think I noticed some new additions there also. The staff was friendly and remembered me from my last stay so this was an added bonus. The breakfast was served promptly between 8am and 9am and it was delicious. Other guests who shared the table with me were interesting to talk to and came from many different places. The nights were quiet and very comfortable- I slept like a baby. So all in all, a very positive experience.
I can't think of anything bad to say about Casa Miriam y Sinai. There is great attention to detail, and Sinai is very much on top of everything making sure each guest has a comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank esteban55
Madrid, España
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We arrived in this "casa particular" after a bad experience and it was a great discovery! It is located in central Havana, near Malecón and HAvana Vieja in the main road of Neptuno. The place is extremely clean and pleasant. The owners are so polite and friendly that our stay was great. It is definitely a place to recommend in Havana!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank anacarrero51
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 November 2012

A lovely home with fantastic hosts. We had a great time staying here, everyone is so friendly and nice, the rooms are very clean and it is so central, very easy to get to from the airport. We had a ceiling fan and air conditioning. Sinai was so helpful with everything that we wanted to come back and stay when we got back to Havana, unfortunately they were full, but arranged another lovely place for us to stay.
Would very very much recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple