“Great place,very friendly”

Ranked #17 of 264 Speciality Lodging in Havana
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Great place,very friendly”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was my first trip to Cuba. I did not make a reservation in advance but someone else had just canceled so they were able to accommodate me even I called at the last minute from the Havana airport. I don't recommend you take that chance though. Dr. flora was not there when I first got there but the second time she was and she seemed quite the nice person. The second time around (at the end of my trip) they were not able to accommodate me but she got me a room with her next door neighbour . Her house is clean and breakfast as very good and only 3-5 cuc. .. depending. However I recommend you look for places where you can pay in Cuban pesos because iteven depending on how much you want to eat. The two girls that were taking care of the place when Dr flora was away are extremely nice. One of them even offered to sow my torn umbrella for free. Definitely 5 stars on warmth and friendliness.we had good, long conversations and they did not react negatively when I told them that I was gay. Overall a great experience at the house itself. Can't say the same for Cuba in general. Too Many people asking for money or flat out ripping you off. ny transaction you make, make sure you get the right change. Even the lady at the official airport cadeca (money exchange) tried to rip me off with $60 so just be very careful.

Room Tip: Not really a lot to choose from. I believe the room I had is the only one :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our first casa particular in Cuba and we liked it most. It is very well situated in a calm and quiet neighborhood. Walking distance from 1 cuc taxi to the central park.
The house is very big, clean and nice in front of which you have a gorgeous garden. The room that we have stayed in was spacious, clean and well equipped (fridge with free water, A/C, fan). It is also cleaned every day. Food is very good. Fresh juice, fresh fruits etc. Also the owners are a very nice people. They gave us many good advises about Havana. We also had a very nice conversations with Osvaldo. I have to say that only in this house during 14 days in Cuba we felt like were visiting our own family. Do not hesitate, book this casa. The owner's email is: dsroca@infomed.sld.cu or lary_roca@hotmail.com. Greetings to the owners from Marta and Jacek from Poland!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm stayed at flora house for two weeks and I enjoyed every single minute in that house. Is a very beautiful colonial house in the middle of Havana, close to everywhere very clean and quite. Flora ans Osvaldo are an amazing host and excellent person, very helpful and nice to talk with.

i had such a great time in Cuba that I already bought my tickets to go back in august! and staying with then again

Harriet Turner

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Harriet T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Flora's casa particular for three nights in February and had a great time. The hosts, Flora and Osvaldo, are very nice and can help you with whatever assistance you need. Flora speaks English very well.
The rooms are clean and spacious and the house is nice and in a calm location but still close enough to all the tourist attractions in Havana. I can truly recommend this casa particular to every traveler.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Me and my gfriend stayed in Flora's casa for two nights last week. I came across Flora's casa particular on the internet and after two emails exchange had the booking sorted. Location wise is not too bad - very close to Plaza de la Revolucion and 5-10min taxi drive from Old Havana. Room we stayed in was clean and pretty basic. Price wise reasonable, however when comparing to other casa particulares we have been to I would say overpriced. Breakfast was really poor and expensive - 8CUC per person - for that price you can get a decent meal in main square around Old Havana. Hosts were nice but not very helpfull, trying to get some information where to go etc but ended up relying on Lonley Planet travel guide. Summing up, not a bad place but for the same money you can get a lot more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg L
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 1 November 2013

What great hosts! Osvaldo is hilarious - and Dra Flora Roca went out of her way to be helpful. Her English is great and she was a great source of information. Delicious fresh fruit with breakfast, very clean room and when a faucet handle broke, necessitating a complete fixture replacement, I couldn't believe that they had it fixed by the time I came "home" the very same day. And they did make me feel at home.Excellent restaurant right around the corner. And the walk to Lennon park is worth it - but don't go on a Sunday; the man who puts John Lennon's glasses on the statue doesn't work on Sundays! (And I thought I was going to Lenin Park.) I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Many thanks to Flora and Osvaldo.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jeannemiralles
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hi,

I would like to share with you my Summer experience in Havana. I saw Dra Flora Roca's advertisment in the Internet and it seemed me the place I would like to stay in. I have been before in Havana and stayed in Vedado which is the best place to spend a couple of weeks. The house is located in the heart of the city, near by Ave 23 place and relatively close to Malecón, the famose seaside of Havana.
The house is Spanish style with a beautiful garden and terrace. The rooms are big and comfortable, both of them have air condition,two ventilators, a fridge and television. The rooms are provided with bathroom, everything is very clean.
The breakfast is included in the price 25-30 CUC, (it depends on the season) and is just delicious: two kindes of fruit, a juice, eggs, cheese, coffe (as much as you want) and bottled water.
The owner, Dr. Flora Roca and her husband are great hosts, they are kind, warm and helpful people trying to give you the best attention. I have a lot of friends and colleagues in Havana and I always get the phone messages and also could use the phone for local calls.
My experience was amazing and I would like to suggest you this accomodation if you want to have a nice and relaxed vacation.

Room Tip: Both are great
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo