“the best place”
Review of Casa Emilio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Emilio
Ranked #568 of 699 Havana B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida, United States
“the best place”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

i was there for 7 days ,it is a amazing place,nice people and great service with rooftop patio from you can see "el morro"" ,capitolio" and finally if you like art is the perfect place to enjoy with the art portrait decored rooms and halls

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Armando N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I vacationed in Cuba for 10 days in February 2012. I spent my first 4 nights in Havana at La Casa de Ana (wonderful Casa/they were fabulous hosts), went out to Varadero for four beach days and had reservations to stay at Emilio's for my last 2 nights in Cuba.

When I made my reservations at La Casa de Ana's in Sept 2011, I asked Ana if she could recommend a Casa in Old Havana, thinking I would mix up my accommodations/locations a bit . She suggested Emilo's and forwarded me some pictures. The place look great in the pictures. After asking a few questions, and confirming Emilo spoke a little English, I made a reservation on Sept 19/11 for Feb 17/18 and received a confirmation of same.

On January 17/12 I received an e-mail asking me to confirm my reservations at Emilos's, which I did and again received a confirmation of my reservation.

Had a wonderful stay at Ana's, enjoyed my beach days at Varadero and arrived at Emilo's Feb 17/12. Met some people from Vancouver who were staying at Emilio's at the entrance to the Casa. They were kind enough to help me with my luggage up the 3 flight of stairs and I sort of slipped into the Casa behind them. After few minutes of milling around someone came out to check me in. They had a scheduling/reservation calendar with my name on it. No one spoke any English and the lady motioned me to follow her downstairs. I look at the guests from Vancouver who were equally as confused and they said they had never been downstairs.

I followed the lady down to the second floor where she rang another apartment. A lady answered who spoke no English and motioned for me to follow her. We went to a bedroom, she opened the door, showed me how the lock work and disappeared. I had just been bumped into a far inferior Casa and no one could or was prepared to speak English! Decided for the two remaining days of my vacation I would just make the best of the it.

After I got home I received an email from Ana. Ana tried to called me at Emilio's to find out how things were going and to ensure all was well. (they are such kind people) Emilio said that "I did not arrive at the house...and he thought that maybe I decided to stay elsewhere"
So....... not only did Emilio ignore my reservation, shuffling me off to a crappy Casa so he could book his 2 rooms to a group of Australians for 2 weeks, HE LIES ABOUT HOW AND WHERE HE DUMPS ME. Thank goodness no one really needed to contact me. What a [--]!

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Brad M
Kelowna
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My 2 friends and I stayed here for 3 nights and we were so happy with the location as well as the amazing rooftop patio which we spent lot's of time on. Go up the green spiral staircase in the kitchen to reach it. Part of the rooftop is covered as well (we enjoyed a thunderstorm from underneath it) and there is even a little bar they have up there to serve drinks to guests. We enjoyed delicious dinners cooked by the Casa on the roof as well. The rooms are very simple and nothing special but have hot water (this can be rare in Cuba). The owner and staff were very nice and the price was so good. The price and food is what makes Casa Particulars a particularly great option over resorts and hotels in Cuba. I love feeling a little more immersed in the culture staying in the Casa Particulars as well. I would definitely stay at Casa Emilio again if I ever make it back to Havana!!

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Unfortunately had a bad experience here. Arrived on Sunday evening after having confirmed a 3-night reservation several times with cubarentrooms.com and direct email only to be told that they were full. Sent us off to another casa that was not of a very good standard and ended up having to find and book into a hotel. Had heard very good things about the quality and professionalism of this casa but this was not borne out by our experience.

• Stayed January 2012