“Great owners and so professional!”
Review of The Purple House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
The Purple House
Ranked #178 of 713 Havana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed firstly somewhere else, and my sister and husband stayed here.
We left Havana and they offered to look after our bags til we came back and stayed with them.
I was sick on arrival and the Doctor owner was caring and gave me good advice and they are so lovely, kind and friendly.
We will recommend without a doubt, and so would the rest of my family.
Breakfast is plentiful too.
Thanks for everything! The loveliest people you could hope to meet!
You can read about our world trip at exploramumourworld trip too

Room Tip: Check for an en-suite and a window
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Curleyistops

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have been in Cuba for a month november/december 2013 and we've had two stays at Ivette and Alejandro's place. The "casa" is located in the center of what's worth experiencing in Habana. The rooms are clean and nice. The sanitary conditions are excellent. In addition to being warm and good people, they're both well-educated people that it's possible to get advice from in addition to discussing current situation in Cuba. As you can see, it has been rewarding in many ways to stay here. It is not hard to recommend this place to anyone.

Nina and Tom, Norway

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ninasandsbakk
Reviewed 4 December 2013

A small intimate hotel with wonderful owners and their staff. p can strongly recommend this hotel is advices. Are you tired of hotel where you feel that you are just a regular guest among all others, then this is the hotel for you.
Dær owners and staff make it comfortable for guests.
Just ask and they will do their utmost for you.

Mvh Johnny.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have just returned from Havana Cuba where I spent 8 days in Casa Purpura. This is a family owned business and I highly recommend it. From the first moment to the very last moment Alejandro and Yvette were so welcoming and helpful to me. Alejandro takes the guests on a tour of Havana on their first morning and there is no cost attached to this service. Alejandro is alive with passion and information doing this tour! Both he and Yvette do all they can to help their guests and make them feel like a member of their family. Their daughter is a wonderful cook and offers evening meals for those who wish to have dinner in the Casa. She makes a "killer" mojito also. She even cooked a special meal for me at 3 in the afternoon as I was leaving for the airport. Casa Purpura has now got a new roof garden with sun beds and tables and chairs etc. and this is great for snatching a couple of hours in the sun rather than going to the beach. I will definitely return to this Casa and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GerryO O
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I traveled to Cuba couple of times and its a great place to visit, Yvette and dr. Alejandro are truly amazing. They making your stay even more amazing than the place itself.
I recommend to choose the purple house and trust me you wont be disappointed. Once you do so you will have a true friends in Havana.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank shukik
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have been to 8 different casa particulares (bed & breakfasts) in Cuba, 3 in Havana alone. La Casa Purpura is by far the best. Each time I return to Havana I stay here and have never had a bad experience.

Parking is very convenient and safe here while at other places it can get quite complicated, including waking up someone in the night to open gates etc. In many of these casas you must also knock on the door to be let in through the living room and up to your room. While the hosts do not seem to mind it is not independent or private. At La Casa Purpura you have keys to the front door and to your room making it a more independent experience.

There is always hot water with good water pressure. This cannot be said for most other casas. You are lucky to have hot water, let alone more pressure than a trickle! The air conditioning is powerful allowing you to sleep well.

The rooms are clean, the breakfast good, and you get as much as you need to carry you through to well past lunch if need be. The Cuban coffee is good as well as the fresh fruit juices. Many other casas charge 4 CUC/person extra for breakfast while La Casa Purpura doesn't. The large common breakfast table allows you to meet interesting people from all over the world while admiring the views from the colonial balcony. You can choose to be as social or as private as you wish.

They will also book other casas for you as well as buses or tours. If anything goes wrong they are always there to help.

I highly recommend the casa particular experience when exploring Cuba and I highly recommend La Casa Purpura.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SK A
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My friend and I stayed in "the Orange House" (right next door to "the Purple House") two times during our stay in Cuba in March/April 2013.
We loved it here from the minute we stepped out of the taxi! We got a warm welcome by Dr. Alejandro and Ivette, and we knew right away that we had picked the right place to stay. A nice breakfast was included in the price, and they also cooked us dinner if/when we wanted to. The house is centrally located in La Habana Vieja (the old city), so you can easily walk to most of the things worth visiting in Havana. Dr. Alejandro took us on a guided walk in the old city, and gave us all the tips and information we needed. The rooms were nice and clean, and so was the rest of the house. The house have a balcony we could use whenever we wanted to. It was so nice to sit there in the afternoon sun with a cold Cristal while watching the life on the street below.
We didn't have a plan for the rest of our two weeks stay in Cuba, so Ivette gladly helped us with a travel route and called other Casa Particulares in every town to make sure we had a place to stay. And we were not disappointed in any of them (none of the places were as good as this one though).

So, if you're looking for a nice, safe and central place to stay for a reasonable price, with great hospitality from great hosts, this is the perfect place!
They have a saying that says: "we receive you like guests and say goodbye like family", and that really is true.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends