“Memorable home cooking in a home!”

Paladar La Esperanza
Ranked #148 of 839 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Fabulous food in a real home. The host's mother sat in the living room the entire time. I was here with a party of 20. That is the maximum this parador could seat. Hugo is a great host! There is a reason this is one of the best paradors in Cuba. The food is great. We were offered our choice of five entrees including a vegetarian selection.One drink was included in our meal. Watch out for the strong cocktails! They will leave you reeling!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have had many memorable meals at La Esperanza over the past 5 years and am finally getting around to writing a review. Going there is a highlight of every trip I take to Havana. The house is a delight, a perfect 50s period piece throughout. Huber the owner is equally delightful. When I apologized for being a bit late for our rez, he scolded me with tongue in cheek, "You NEVER need apologize here, we are here to serve you." The Banana de Ochún is delectable, the red snapper fillet I had was divine. Their daiquiris are the best I have had in Cuba, although the blender is really loud in the dining room! Make sure you call ahead to reserve. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Flapichulo
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Delicious food & drinks! This was one of the few good meals I had in Havana, and this one was amazing! I had the snapper, which was great.

1  Thank 1RaysFan
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We ate dinner at La Esperanza on April 15th. Charmingly decorated house in a beautiful neighborhood in Miramar near the ocean. The host speaks English very well and explained the menu skillfully. The food was delicious, portions large. The ambiance is warm, friendly and relaxed. This was our best meal in a week in Cuba.

3  Thank Jon A
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Best paladar we went to in Cuba, beautiful setting, excellent host and lovely food. As 3 of our party are vegetarian, we phoned in advance to ask what options they could provide and were delighted to find that something special had been prepared for us. The paladar was a little difficult to find so make sure you give the taxi driver the full address. Well worth the trip to Miramar.

1  Thank macacr