“Lovely Evening”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with three people from my tour group. Luckily we were able to get a reservation on such a busy night (Valentine's Day). We had a nice spot on the front porch/patio and could see the other patrons coming and going. There seemed to be a good mix of people (young, old, local, foreign). The food was surprising to me. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. If this restaurant was in my neighborhood back home I would go there regularly for the pizza alone-great crust, good flavor. Everyone in my party had a different pasta dish and everyone cleaned their plate. Our waitress, Mairelys, was really nice and helpful.

1 Thank 1travlgirl

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Great once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Simply, one of the best italian restaurants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYWHERE.
Great food and ambiance. Service was fantastic. Homemade fettuccini was very good and the pizza is one of the best. Will be going there every time I am in Havana.
Thanks for a great time.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank dvr77
Wasaga Beach, ON
“Very nice Italian food in Havana”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Very good food. 5 of us stopped in here for dinner one night, and were pleasantly surprised.
Everything was very fresh and authentic, highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bushcaddy
“Best Italian food and hospitality ever in all my travels!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

La Carboncita Paladar was absolutely one of the best places to eat at in Havana, it is located in Miramar but the seafood pasta was cooked perfectly al dente, the pizza was a thin crusted work of art it was fabulous and each entree we had was perfectly seasoned! I am highly recommending this Paladar and I will be returning! I travel a lot and this place has it all great food, good atmosphere, great service and delicious food ! One thing I noticed too were that Italians come to eat here too and that says a lot about an Italian restaurant! The pork dish was fork tender and very tasty but don't forget to save room for dessert they make their ice cream and sorbet in house each morning ! We had avocado and shrimp salad! Great prices and great food I give this place 5 stars out of five!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Snooky29
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

If you are ever anywhere near Havana, take a trip to the beautiful suburb of Miramar. Broad avenues lined with mansions and greenery. Tucked in there somewhere you will find a little gem called La Carboncita. I first found this place by doing research for my trip to Cuba on a website. I couldn't find it in any of the guide books so I thought it would be a nice little unspoilt gem. The food on offer is simply prepared and unbelievably delicious. For pasta dishes you chose your type of pasta from the menu and then choose a sauce to go with it. My fiancé had the linguine arrabiata and it was perfect. Their choice of pizzas is excellent and mouth watering. I had a ham and mushroom pizza and it ranked right up there with the best I have ever had. The staff are attentive and very helpful but make your life easier by learning some Spanish before you go to Cuba. Overall the atmosphere was great, the food was amazing and reasonable priced and the house is nicely decorated and a nice place to be. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013