Melia Habana
    US$443
    US$277
    Cancelon
    3,635 results
    All reviewsswim up barold havanafree shuttlesea viewbusiness hotelmiramar districtbreakfast buffetlarge balconyour honeymoonthe hotel offerscigar bargreat poolwi fimini barfive star hotelcurrency exchangetaxi ride
    Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of a 2-week trip to Cuba in June 2014. Our room number was 3113. I chose this hotel due to the largely positive reviews on tripadvisor, but I have to say my stay here left me feeling a little let down. Perhaps we were unlucky!

On arrival we patiently stood at reception for a good 20 minutes before being acknowledged. It made us feel like we were being ignored as there were plenty of staff behind the desk, they seemed to be pre-occupied. When attended to we were told 'Sorry, there is no room for you yet. Please wait 30 minutes' even though it had gone past the hotel's 3.00pm check in time. I found this a little perplexing as the hotel is massive and surely they knew we were coming?! ....

When we arrived at our room it was spacious with a large bathroom. The room amenities were good; there was a hair-dryer, toiletries, seating, a TV featuring varied channels etc. There was a balcony with a view of the sea, which I thought was lovely. When I went to bed I found it very uncomfortable, it felt floppy underneath me with springs in the wrong places. Unfortunately our room also seemed to have a slight ant problem. There were tiny ants on the headboard and the sideboard next to my bed. I was tired at this stage so I decided to ignore them and go to sleep. When I woke up in the morning there were loads of them in my glass of orange drink. Better in there than in my bed I suppose!

I enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning. There was a varied selection of food and drinks. Some of the food was a little cold, but I found it tasty. Check-out was pretty easy. On departure a helpful and friendly member of staff arranged a taxi for us to the airport.

To end on a positive, we were amazed by the size of the pool at this hotel. It is massive! It's such a shame that we didn't have time to swim in it. I know it must be a major draw for a lot of people. Unfortunately I don't think we will be returning to this hotel to try it out. I much preferred our other hotel choices on this trip!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    5  Thank Tearoma
    StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Tearoma,
    We thank you for sharing your detailed comments about your short stay at Meliá Las Habana. We appreciated you mentioned as your have enjoyed the buffet breakfast and our swimming pool. It' s was a pity that you stayed at Melia Habana just one night and you could not enjoy our pool area and our facilities . Regarding your suggestions for improvements, we wish to thank you for taking the time for bringing these details to our attention. The information you have provided will have an impact on any upgrading, which may be necessary to support the level of quality. I am quite sure that a longer stay at Melia Habana would give to you the possibility to get in touch with the friendliness of our front desk staff that usually received positive comment for their availabilities and courtesy. I thank you again for your report, we point out your comment to analyses with our front desk manager the rush hour - arrival and I hope to give you my personally welcome to Melia Habana again.
    Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at Melia Habana and loved every minute. The hotel was everything you would expect from a 5* hotel; clean modern, with fantastic views of the sea (especially at sunset). Yes the location is a little way out of the city centre, but after a busy day sightseeing it was nice to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city to Melia Habana. We also explored the area around the hotel on our last morning which is well worth doing and something we might not have done if we hadn't have stayed here.

As well as the good restaurants in the hotel the area also has some amazing restaurants. Thanks to the wonderful staff at the reception we were able to experience one on our last night. Shamefully speaking no Spanish the staff were amazing at making a reservation for us, and getting us a taxi. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff are a real asset to the hotel and something which the management team should feel proud of. Thank you for making a great start and end to our 10 night stay in Cuba.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank Rebecca353
    StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Customer

Thank you for sharing your very positive feedback about our Meliá Habana with the lot of travelers that consult this prestigious website before choosing where to stay. For us it was a pleasure to see that you value us as a five star Hotel, clean, modern, with fantastic views and a wonderful staff.

Although we are located a bit far from the historic center of the city, we have a free shuttle bus that transport our guests to and from Old Havana, in just 15 minutes, so there is not any disorder if you want to visit that part of the city.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in this, your home in Havana, where you always will be welcome.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although it is far away from the historic district; ( about a 20 minute ride from the Prado) this hotel is one of the better hotels in Havana. The pool area and the cigar humidor are excellent. I have stayed here a few times and would definitely return

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear CubaExecutiveTravel,
    I thank you very much for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip advisor about your business - holidays at the Meliá Habana’ . I am glad to see that you had a fantastic time in our Hotel and I thank you for highlighting the pool area and the cigar humidor quality as well as the amazing view of your room. Melia Habana with its location in front of ocean is really unique and unforgettable with this incredible sun set!. Your sentence :" I have stayed here a few times and would definitely return " make us feel proud of the results we start having in term of fidelity toward our customers. Thank you so much from all the staff of Melia Habana.
    We will all be waiting for your return in your “home” and meantime I send you my warmest regards form the sunny and friendly La Habana, the Caribbean gem!.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of June on our first trip to Cuba. The hotel did have a "corporate" feel to it, but that wasn't an issue at all. Our first impression on entering after a nine and a half hour flight and clearing immigration was WOW! Beautiful, huge lobby area, very well laid out. Our room was huge and overlooking the ocean which was a bonus. We were greeted with a bottle of bubbly and chocolates, which we had no problem taking into dinner. The breakfast was brilliant, huge choice and good quality. The swimming pool was most welcome after a hot day in Old Havana! The shuttle bus worked well, but take the "timetable" with you as there is a two hour wait after the 3.30pm one! We missed it, but grabbed a Chevy back which only cost 10 CUC and a great ride! Make sure you get the price before you get in the taxi. We had the buffet one evening, and as with breakfast, the choice was very good, at 25 CUC each, it maybe was a little expensive for Cuba, but we are glad we did it. All staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a brilliant time and were glad we stayed a little outside the town and this hotel worked very well for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Jane104

Dear Jane104,
    I would like to thank for retorting such a nice feedback on Trip Advisor after your stay at the Meliá Habana. Your introduction: “ GREAT HOTEL" make us feel proud of the results and I am so glad to see that you relay enjoyed all our facilities facilities including the comfort and location of your room, the quality of our buffet, the amazing genuine and friendly attitude of our employees ad of course our amazin swimming pool, unique in the town!.
    Thank you for the conclusion you wrote a the end of your comments: “ We had a brilliant time and were glad we stayed a little outside the town and this hotel worked very well for us".
    We will all be waiting for your return in " your town" and meantime I send you my warmest regards form the sunny and friendly La Habana.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent two nights on business. I didn't get to take advantage of all the amenities here, but the spaces I did see were great. The lobby bar was fine as was the "Sports Bar" night club downstairs, although downstairs there were a few prostitutes milling about. It seems par for the course in Cuba though, I don't blame the hotel. I didn't use the gym it looked to be decently equipped for a hotel. The pool area was really nice and it was nice to have a swim-up bar as well. Unfortunately I can't comment on the food I didn't eat anywhere in the hotel. The staff I interacted with were all polite and spoke English reasonably well.

The room itself was clean and quite comfortable. Decent amenities, the bed was fine, and my room had a nice balcony with a west view.

There is a free shuttle to old Havana, it was a clean modern air conditioned coach which ran on time both times I took it, we were very happy with the service.

I do recommend this hotel if you have business in Miramar, or as a jumping off point to explore the surrounding area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank Stan_Cooper
    StefanoSturni, Director General at Melia Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Stan _ Coper,
    I would like to thank you first for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip advisor after your stay at the Meliá Habana.Thank you for mentioning our Hotel as a very comfortable room and nice property.Such comments are the best award we may receive from our customers.
    We hope to see you soon back in our Hotel and this fascinatig town.
    Warmest regards from the capital of this wonderful country.