“Perfect stay perfect start”
Review of CasavanaCuba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
CasavanaCuba
Ranked #7 of 687 Havana B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“Perfect stay perfect start”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Casavana being our first impression at the start of a 2 week vacation in Cuba, we had a perfect introduction to the capital!

After waking up in a colononial style, at the same time very comfortable bed and taking a nice shower in the impeccable bathroom, we began each day with a sumptuous and healthy breakfast served in the lovely furbished and decorated common living / dining room.

Not to forget our delicious “Welcome Daiquiri” we enjoyed together with the great view from the balcony!

The B&B is suitably located in one of the few “skyscrapers” in the more leafy, modern area of Vedado (with lots of Art Deco / Nouveau houses lining the boulevards) and with most major sights easy to reach on foot or by taxi.

My boyfriend even got a bottle of Havana Club rum as a present when our hosts found out he was celebrating his birthday during our stay with them!

Many thanks for everything! We will recommend your casa to all our friends who plan to visit Cuba!

Yours sincerly Anita & Taylan from Austria (Vienna)

P.S.: We are sorry for taking so long to write this review… After coming back from our holiday in June, we were very busy at work and with organizing my sister’s wedding...

Room Tip: Casavana offers different sizes of rooms but all are furnished with great care and taste.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anita L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
moen
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very good casa runned by 4 sisters + staff. They make your stay in Havana to a real success, taking care of all your questions. The casa is well situated on the 5th floor of an appartement on the Avenida de los Presidentes in Vedado. The rooms are very clean and and comfortable, the sight from the balcony on the Malecon is astonishing. Breakfast is every morning a real pleasure . We will go back at our next trip to Cuba

Room Tip: The junior suite was perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pablo007Moen
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Absolutely fantastic!
I chose the Hotel Casavana based on trip advisor reviews, and thought I should write my first review ever!
We stayed in the Junior suite for three nights which was awesome. The photos on the web page are spot on. I was thrilled when we arrived it was everything I expected and more.
The breakfast was amazing, the fruit plate was like a work of art, coffee, juice, then waffles, toast, jam and cream cheese, eggs how you like them. We never needed lunch all the time we were there.
The Casa is spotlessly clean and really tastefully decorated, I am sure we had clean bed linen every night!
And now the best bit! The people! Ana, Carlos and Indira. What a lovely, lovely group of people. The Ladies who made the awesome breakfast, sorry, I forgot their names.
Ana and Carlos were a mine of information. They helped us plan our days, showed how to get a communal taxi which was awesome fun! Also told of some of the history of Cuba, which I'm really interested in.
I could go on and on, as you probably can tell I loved it here.
I think to get a real taste of life in Havana this is absolutely the best place to stay, I,d go back tomorow if I could!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Poddypod
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the junior suite, a lovely room with a terrace. Clean, good breakfast, VERY NICE people, helpful with everything - all in all: fantastic place to stay! Would recommend the junior suite, not very expensive, but a comfortable room :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte C
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I selected Casavana based on previous Tripadvisor reviews (i.e. excellent) - and it did not disappoint! It is a top quality Casa. I wanted somewhere reliable and easy for the first night in Havana/Cuba before heading out to other parts of Cuba the next day.
My friend and I arrived at the casa by taxi, after a late flight from Toronto, around 11pm (as per schedule) and Carlos was there to meet us with friendly conversation in fluent English, and very useful tips for surviving Cuba. The apartment is in a fairly tall building - if it's your first night in Cuba, don't be put off by the relative anonymity of the building entrance as your taxi drops you off. Go in and press the buzzer/intercom for Casavana floor.
The casa was very clean, and had everything we needed. I really appreciated the cool cotton sheets (my friend and I decided to forgo air conditioning and enjoy the heat). The well-preserved period furniture was remarkable. Breakfast on the balcony was lovely. It was the most expensive of the 4 casas we stayed at over the course of our week in Cuba, but it was well worth it and felt very safe.
Thank you Carlos for the warm welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe bedroom suite (we wanted 2 separate beds), and it was great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was looking for a home stay for my mother and I to enjoy before starting a week long tour, did I pick right!!! We stayed 3 nights at Casavana and could not have been happier!

Ana, Carlos, Indira and Lilly are very friendly people and exceptional hosts! Carlos and Ana helped me every day to plan things and made sure we had dinner reservations and taxis to make our stay smooth. It was great having Ana in the morning and Carlos at night, they are a wonderful team and family. I have stayed at a huge mix of B & B's and boutique hotels when traveling and must say it is Casavana's kind of service and personal interaction that keeps me doing it. We enjoyed meeting other guests and made a few new friends during our stay, we felt very lucky to have had Casavana set the tone for a really great trip in Havana and will return for sure!

The Casa has 4 great rooms all with air conditioning, comfy beds and very nice bathrooms. Your room is made each day and kept VERY clean and the safe is a nice touch for safety of passports and such. We had a great neighborhood view in the double room with a wonderful ocean breeze and enjoyed listening to the clack of a domino game each day upon our return. It cost between $5 and $10 CUC in a Gov Taxi or Coco Taxi to any part of Centro Havana and driving the back streets is great fun and a great way to get your bearings.

The condo is from the 50's and passed down through generations, it has great furniture and antique pieces throughout which give it that great old Havana vibe. Super views off the front balconies down to the Malecon, we loved watching the waves crash over the wall one stormy day at breakfast. FYI, Ana provides a great breakfast for a little extra and it was so filling that it tied us over till lunchtime each day.

We moved into Havana Vieja for the next week and had a whole different atmosphere, at times we missed the quiet, comfy rooms of Casavana. Looking forward to returning on day, thanks for a great stay!

Book in advance, there is no mystery about why they book up quickly!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SonyaA310
Xiamen, China
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at Casavana for 6 nights with my 2 friends. Ana and her family did everything they possibly could to make our stay a pleasure. The rooms are immaculate, breakfasts delicious and the views from the apartment are amazing! I lost my luggage on the way to Havana and Ana and her family rallied round, phoning the airport non-stop to help me get the bags back. Thank you so much Ana and your lovely family for making our experience in Havana one to remember!! I can't say enough to describe how much we loved staying with you all.
Angela, John and Kathleen (Scotland)

Room Tip: higher floor great views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends