“great!!!”
Review of La Casa Amador

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
La Casa Amador
Ranked #21 of 698 Havana B&B and Inns
Miramar, Florida
“great!!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

i stayed with my girlfriend for 5 nights. Brian was very helpful and friendly. i have stayed in other houses and this is by far my favorite and its the service that Brian gives that makes it. i wished i had dine there, the food always smelled really good. breakfast was good and the location was also good. i definitely will stay there again. he also was very helpful for my wedding with my girlfriend.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Ery073
Brian Reinaldo R, Manager at La Casa Amador, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you Ery for your comment. It was great to have you over for few days. Happy stay, happy wedding, happy life. I hope to see you both in a near future.
Best wishes from all us!!!
Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hebrew first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my second stay at Casa Amador, and I have to say that there’s something about the atmosphere at Casa Amador that makes it so special. The staff is very friendly and helpful; I love the welcome drink of Cuba-Libre it has a special taste that I have never tasted before, they do everything to make your stay something to remember. I have recommended this place to others, and will continue to do so, and I will absolutely stay there the next time! We enjoyed our 7 day stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marcela L
Brian Reinaldo R, Manager at La Casa Amador, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you very much Marcela for your comment. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see again.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at casa amador twice during our 4 week long stay i cuba.
The rooms are clean and nice, the food (we are vegetarians an Brian really putted effort in cooking nice veggyfood) were excellent. the Cuba-libre we got as a welcome drink tasted like heaven. We stayed in total 8 nights and we would definitly stay at casa amador if we went back to cuba!
When one of us catched a cold, Brian maid us warm tea with honey and fixed aspirin, he always did the little extra things that made us feel extra welcome and comfortable!
U can ask Brian or Ernest anything and they always try to help!
The location is great, close to the malecon and in a quiet nice area, its a bit far to the old town, but with a taxi colectivo it only costs 1CUC!

We can gladly recomend this place to anyone!!!

Muchas gracias por todo Brian y Ernesto!
besos de
Hanna y Linda!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hjarnemar
Thanks a lot Hanna and Linda for your comment. We enjoyed your visit as much as you did. You are always welcome here. See you next time.
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at Casa Amador for 4 days and had the best experience ever. Brian is very friendly and hospitable. Practiced my poor spanish with Brian a lot! The room is spacious and super clean. The breakfast is the best! Homemade Jam and Juice. Do have breakfast there, it will last for the whole day. We arrived at late night, and Brian was waiting for us. When he knew we were hungry, he cooked the cuban sandwiches for us, our first cuban food taste which was great. We asked Brian to pack the same sandwiches again to eat on the bus for Varadero. Will definitely go back again.
The location of the casa is great to salsa dance lovers. The famous dance spot 1830 is just 5 mins by walking from the house. As of mid-March 2014 I can confirm that 1830 plays salsa on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday form 17:00~24:00.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shuyang Z
Thank you very much Shuyang for your comment. It is good to know we made a good impression on your first visit to Cuba. I will give you my recipe for the Cuban Sandwiches next time. We would love to see you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed at Casa Amador aka Papo's House for 3 days and enjoyed every minute of it! Brian and Ernesto were so hospitable and had great suggestions for activities and restaurants and local shops that we wouldn't have known about otherwise. The casa itself was beautiful, spacious, super clean and well situated in Vedado. Every morning we were given a beautiful breakfast spread on the terrace with so much food we could barely eat it all! I look forward to coming back to Habana and when I do, we will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GeorginaSofia
Brian Reinaldo R, Manager at La Casa Amador, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you Georgina for your comments. It was great to have you over.
I am glad you enjoyed your stayed with us. I hope to see you next time.
Best regards,
Brian
Moss, Norway
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in 2 casas in Havana. I liked Brian's the best. Brian's was in a quiet safe location in Vedado. About a block away was the "Linea" avenue where you can catch 1950's cars for rides (taxis collectivos). It seemed the going price was 50 centavos (CUC) to go anywhere on their route to Old Town Havana. Quite a bargain!
With my poor Spanish and Brian's Spanish and imperfect English, we were able to communicate well. I learned a great deal about Cuban culture and way of life. He cooked excellent vegetarian breakfasts and dinners for me.
My room was spotlessly clean. The room, hospitality and meals were memorable. I can recommend his casa to anyone that needs a comfortable place to stay in Havana.
It is important to use his email address or phone number to reach him - as some of the casa sites have the wrong email address and you will not receive an answer. Be sure to email via yahoo mail using his name wall1969.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sven J
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at Casa Amador and it was truly a fantastic experience. The house is gorgeous, lots of space and clean. The food is not to miss! Brian's breakfast was amazing. Absolutely not to miss is the fish for dinner, it was delicious. The house is in Varadero, very easy access with the vintage cabs (1 dollar) to old Havana. Brian will tell you everything you need to know. He is very helpful and resourceful. You really feel at home! So glad we stayed there. We also rented a car, and could easily park in front of the house overnight. I strongly recommend the casa to anyone exploring Havana.
If you want to contact Brian, his email is: wall1969@yahoo.com
enjoy the casa and Havana!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple