“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa de Mary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa de Mary
Ranked #174 of 694 Havana B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in casa de Mary for 3 nights. Our room had a great view of the Malecon. Great location in Habana, only 20 minutes from Old Town. The room was spotless. Mary is a great hostess. Her breakfast was delicious. Mary speaks good English, she helped us to confirm our reservation of casa in Vinales.

Room Tip: clean rooms

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a wonderful visit to Havana in March and truly enjoyed our night at Casa de Mary. It was well located close to the Malecon with a picturesque 20-30 min walk to old Havana. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff (Mary and Ania). The room was spotless, spacious and comfortable with a large private bathroom and we enjoyed a delicious, huge cuban breakfast. We wish we could have stayed longer in Havana and would have happily stayed longer at Mary's. Thank you Mary and staff!!

Doug and Rose
North Vancouver
Canada

Cayman Brac
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights and I was impressed for the hospitality of the staff and the owner, they make feel like home. If you want breakfast they will cook it for you, but I just was happy with my coffee and a warn a nice smile in the morning. Mary is really helpful, I made the comment that I was going to the mountains and she found me a place to stay. So in myway back home I have to overnight in Habana and they made a space for me.
Mary

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed with Mary my first two nights in Havana and my last two. Mary's Casa is in a great location, within walking distance to Old Havana, Central Havana and Vedado neighborhoods. The Casa is very modern, with nice rooms. The Casa has a nice setup, with rooms upstairs in the apartment and living room and kitchen downstairs. It felt like a boutique inn, rather than just a room in someone's' house. Mary herself is an excellent hostess and has enthusiastic staff to back her up. Mary's breakfasts were tasty and large. Mary claims not to speak English (or much English), but she went out of her way to make up for my very poor Spanish.

Mary was extremely helpful in arranging taxis for me to go to the bus station and the airport. She even arranged for a driver to take me to a Los Industriales baseball game. She even found a driver who was interested in going to the game, not just driving me there, which was a huge help navigating the whole baseball stadium process. Plus I got to enjoy the game with another baseball fan!

I highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We booked this casa for the first two nights via cubaccomodation.com before our trip. We also booked taxi service from the airport. The taxi driver called Mary 5 minutes before our arriving and Mary was waiting for us with a big smile at the main entrance.
First we got the smallest room, but it was convenient for us. AC worked fine.
Water pressure is a big problem in Havana, unfortunately this casa is not except, but we had cold/hot water. Everything is extremly clean. They clean the room and change the towels every day. I have read a loads of bad reviews from hotels then I decided to choose casa particular and it was the best decision.
The breakfast was huge. We were served a lots of fruits, cookie, marmalade, toast, coffee and two types of fresh made juice. We were asked what time we want to have breakfast but we didn't know, because we were very tired after the long trip. It wasn't problem, as soon as we walked down the breakfast was ready in 10 minutes. My girlfriend fell in love to Guayaba and she was given some extra :)
I have learnt spanish but never pactised. I told this to Mary and she became my spanish teacher :) But she speaks english, so we didn't have problems at all. We organized some trips from Havana so we extended our stay with more days. Next day we were moved to the bigger room. Mary and her stuff are very friendly and helpful. They were the best during our whole stay in Cuba. We got help getting accomodation in Varadero and phone callings without any extra cost. The fridge contains juice, water, beer, soft drink. The price is the same like in the small non-stop shops, so it is worth and convenient to get them from there. Only thing is that the bed was a bit worn and inconfortable.
We returned to this casa for our last night and the bed was changed to a new one :)
The casa improves continously :)

Klaipeda, Lithuania
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Perfect location. Nice and clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Full breakfast with fresh fruits and juice. It is very good choice for travelers to old Havana corresponding to a good rest and Cuban culture conditions. We feel huge help from Mary during all our stay in Cuba.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our last 3 nights in Cuba were spent at Mary's Casa. Mary and her staff are really warm friendly people and made our stay feel more like being at home. The room was spotless and had a view over the city. Right on the Malecon and a 15 minute walk or 2 minute taxi drive to the Centro historico. Really good breakfast. We left at 3am but there was still coffee and the offer of breakfast and a taxi waiting to take us to the airport. Value for money is outstanding, I thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014