“It does not get better than this...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
La Casa de Concordia
Ranked #30 of 707 Havana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I would give more than 5 stars if I could. Nelly and Alejandro were incredible for the entire duration of our stay with them. In fact, we extended our stay in Havana for one more day because we were just having way too much fun and had fallen in love with them and their home.
The house itself is stunning. It has been tastefully restored. The rooms are large and spacious with all the amenities you would need for a comfortable visit. Given the fact that the casa is smack dab in the middle of Havana and all the attractions you will want to see, La Casa de Concordia is an oasis where you'll be able to get the rest you need to take on and recover from the city.
As others have mentioned, you HAVE to have one of Nelly's breakfasts. Its pretty much your own personal buffet spread. I'm naturally not a breakfast person and I had one everyday I was there. You also can't beat the price for flavour of lunch and dinner at the casa as well.

What truly makes this place truly special though are the people who work here. Nelly and Alejandro went above and beyond for us. They made recommendations that turned out to be the highlights of our trip there. They also make sure you have access to someone 24hours a day. If you have a 4am hung over induced craving for food, one of the night staff will be able to make a recommendation. The personal touches really make it seem like the home you wish you had.

All in all, i would enthusiastically and who heartedly recommend this Casa. It made our trip feel like we were visiting long lost family members.

Room Tip: We were lucky and got the room with an ensuite living room. We never used it really since it was jus...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my second stay in Cuba and probably the most memorable thanks to Alejandro and and his wife who are the most welcoming couple. Their place is very nicely renovated, clean with a great location within walking distance to Havana's main attractions, not to mention one of Havana's most famous restaurant La Guarida right across the street. Alejandro and Nelly thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norb S
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The couple who run this casa particulare, Alejandro and Nelly, are keenly interested in helping their guests have an enjoyable stay in Havanna. They have restored this family casa with care and attention to detail, there is a nice little courtyard, a dining room for excellent meals or breakfast that can be pre-ordered, and an in room minibar. Clean, with a spacious bathroom, all the amenities and friendly assistance to make your stay special. A welcoming mojito is a very nice touch. Well situated, private, - we felt cared for like family. You can contact them at: lacasadeconcordia@gmail.com tel: 537-8625330

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lad369
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We landed at La Casa de Concordia because the Casa Particular where we were scheduled to stay mysteriously got overbooked. We stayed in four Casa Particulares during our 8 day stay in Havana to get a feel for different parts of the city and this one was our favorite by far. Alejandro Portieles and his wife, Nelly are the most gracious hosts who made us feel at home in this beautifully restored house. Every morning after a delicious breakfast they would send us on our way to explore another corner of Havana. Gracias Nelly y Alejandro.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Havana is the only place I can comment on as I planned to spend 7 days there on a solo photographic holiday. I did not want to stay in a hotel along with others and being segregated from the real Havana, if that’s possible!.

I flew with Virgin, as I did not want the hassle of flying to Paris then on to Havana. After the 10hr flight I whisked through border control, unlike some. No need to change money as I had enough to pay for my taxi, 25 Cuc. £15.
I had initially booked with HavanaCasaParticular.com, they confirmed my booking, but upon my arrival at the Casa, no rooms were available. I later found out that this happens a lot. It is now 10.00pm, I am in the middle of a strange city at night and no room at the inn. I felt like giving up and booking into a Hotel for the night.

Luckily the taxi driver spoke some English and he explained to me that there was another room down the road, so I set off with him feeling more than a little apprehensive.
About 100mtrs down the road was La Casa de Concordia which was run by Alejaridro (Alex ) and his wife Nelly. They had opened their house for B/B in February 2014. Both speak very little English, but Nelly is learning fast, we managed to converse a little, she explained as best she could about my room which turned out to be spacious and clean with plenty of room to spread out.

The house has been in Alejaridro (Alec) family since 1790. And is restored and decorated to a high standard, situated in central Havana and about ½ a mile from the main hospital it is easy to find. They charge 30 Cuc a night per room, so if there are two of you it works out very cheap about £10.00 a night pp. Breakfast is around £2.50. this consists of a large amount of fruit, coffee, toast and jam. But if you want something different all you have to do is tell Nelly what you would like and she will get it for you.

After a long day walking around Havana, and that’s the way to do it, you may not feel like going out again for an evening meal, in which case Nelly is happy to cook for you. Although Havana has a Spanish feel the food does not, I can assure you Nelly will prepare you an evening meal as good as you will get anywhere in Havana, all for around £4 to £5, beer is 80p a can and the wine is £8 a bottle and fine. If you want to eat out there is a famous eating place across the road called La Guardia Restaurant, not noisy, very select, and quite expensive by Cuban prices, look it up on the internet.

Over the following seven days I became very fond of my Casa and the people who owned it. Casa Concordia now have the internet if a little slow, if you wish to book with them direct you can contact them on lacasadeconcordia@gmail.com or Nelly on alepi48@gmail.com.
Go now before the magic of Havana has gone.

Mike Bowles
Photographer

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My experience of La Casa de Concordia was truly amazing. We were greated with a delicious mojito and freshly made pinapple juice which we enjoyed in the beautiful Dining room. The house itself is in a very good condition and its signature glass mosaic stands put beautifully. It is located perfectly central for a holiday experiencing Havanna.It has both a Nice ensuite and a great cortyard where you Can sit under open sky and enjoy a clear Night. Nelly and Alejandro are very charming and generous People and some of the most dedicated People i met in Cuba. When i got very sick during my stay, they took extremely good care of me, and to that i am for ever grateful. I Will recommend everybody to have a stay at this lovely casa!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Your hosts are wonderful people and their casa is quite stunning. It is very new, has 20 foot ceilings, the front room is a suite with bedroom and separate sitting room. The ensuite is beautiful and this place has an outside courtyard which you can sit in and enjoy the fresh air, The food is excellent and plentiful. 10 min walk to Historic Havana through streets of the ordinary Cubans if you want to see the real Cuba. This casa is opposite the famous La Guardia restaurant which is worth a look only.

Room Tip: Ask for the front room with the sitting room attached.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple