“Excellent restaurant in Old Havana”
Review of Habana 61

Habana 61
Ranked #3 of 860 Restaurants in Havana
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were recently in Havana for a wedding, staying at a Casa on Calle Habana. Walked by this restaurant one evening (knew nothing about it), went in and had an awesome experience. The food was absolutely first rate (same report from the vegetarians in our group); the ambiance and service was also very special. Highly recommend!

2  Thank JOhnnymcl154957
Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stumbled across this restaurant on a hot day, and it was a great escape from the baking heat outside! The food is delicious, especially the lobster. Effecient and friendly service and good prices, and the owner mentioned that the restaurant turns into a bar/club after 12 and keeps going into the early hours.. Worth a try!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We tried this restaurant after reading the reviews on this site. I had a Greek salad which was good although there was no feta cheese.Grilled lobster for 8.50 which was delicious, the best I've had so far and I have had it 4 times in Cuba. My husband tried the rabbit which was tasty and the portion was large. My niece had grilled shrimp and her husband who is a vegetarian had grilled veggies with rice and beans and salad. The total cost with pineapple juices was 54 CUC. The meal was satisfying and inexpensive. The service was excellent and the décor very pleasing.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came across this restaurant because it was down the street from our hotel and were happily surprised. This is our second time in Havana, and as a vegetarian, I am pretty used to slim pickings given the limited access to vegetables in Cuba (and my fear of eating raw vegetables there), and I faired better here than many places (rice, beans, plantains, malangas, sweet potatoes). The service was great, the prices very reasonable, the servings huge (we ended up ordering about twice as much as we needed) and the food quality excellent.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Sure the location is good, Decor is modern but that is really where it ends. Food really did not stand out to me! I ordered fish found it quite dry and tasteless. Wife had seafood pasta which was just satisfactory. Prices aren't too bad, Service is decent! Just nothing really to make it memorable! We skipped desert!

We will come by in the near future to try a second time. Hopefully the experience will be better!