“Excellent priced people-oriented hotel in La Habana”
Review of NH Capri La Habana

NH Capri La Habana
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Havana
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel from April 13-20 and had a great time; although they still had not opened the gym and no wifi available, there were no public/business computers to contact the outside world; you had to go to the nearby hotel for any internet service.

I had the meal plan (breakfast-dinner) and thought the food and 24-hour bar were genuinely friendly and serviceable. Lots of fresh fruit and Cuban gourmet meals prepared for you on the spot; all bread and baking goods were different every day and made in house w. Of course what made it most exceptional was the people that catered and attended you at all times; they called you last name and remembered your dietary preferences and very accommodating.

Remember to bring a converter to plug in your pc/tablet.

Room Tip: I was facing El Malecon and had a great view of the bay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Alberto H
There are newer reviews for NH Capri La Habana

Reviewed 21 April 2014

View (11th story), cleanliness and functionality were excellent. The lobby wifi connection (very important to me) was fast. When, around midnight, I connected a 110 volt device to the 220 volt socket in my room I caused a blackout. Maintenance fixed the problem immediately at that inconvenient hour. Most important of all was the friendliness of the staff at all levels (reception, rooms, restaurants). Friendliness is a characteristic of the tourism industry in Cuba, but at this hotel they excel. They are genuine and personal. At the breakfast restaurant ask for Yusnely, one of the servers, the friendliest of all.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank J Miguel V
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at Capri on a two night trip to Havana from Cayo Guillermo so didn't know where we would be staying but were very pleased.

The staff informed us that the hotel opened in December 2013 after being closed for several decades and the renovation was still ongoing. We were located on the 10th floor with a very interesting city view (the sea views must be amazing). Our room was spacious, airey and modern. There were two problems with the room, one minor and one significant. The minor issue was that the ice cold a/c blasted straight onto the bed but this could be remedied by cooling the room down beofe going to bed. The second was that the shower leaked onto the bathroom/bedroom floor. this was caused by a shower screen that was too short and a shower head that was too long. This needs to be adressed as no matter how careful we were we could not avoid a leak.

The rooftop pool and bar is amazing, a really nice little pool with fabulous views and a good quality bar at moderate prices given the setting.

We stayed at the hotel for dinner and breakfast both days and were pleased with the basement restaurant. The quality and variety of food was good with reasonable prices for drinks - service from Juan was excellent.

The hotel is in a good location close to Hotel Nationale and a 40m walk/short taxi ride to Old Havana.

The reception and lobby bar are well appointed and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank matthewjfarrar
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This 50's hotel is newly renovated in classy, modern style. The rooms and bathrooms are roomy, clean and comfortable. The service is superb and personal. The rooftop pool and bar are fun and inviting after a day out in Havana. The fitness floor was not finished, and some of the middle floors may still be under renovation. It was great to be a block from the Nacional Hotel, but most trips to old Havana and restaurants required a taxi. That was no problem since some of the old cars were so much fun! Loved it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Hbboone
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I spent 4 days and nights at the Capri, March, 2014. I was very happy with the room and facilities they offered. The staff made the experience superb. I've traveled extensively but never had the level of service the Capri offered. The staff knew my name, knew my preferences, and were genuinely wonderful people. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Havana, even the famed National. The Yale Glee Club stayed there too while I was there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mannheim555
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel as part of a tour to Havana from a beach resort. We had been told not to expect too much from the hotel but were very pleasantly surprised. It's location is brilliant, just up the hill from the Nacional Hotel, with plenty of cafe's, bars and restaurants nearby.

Reception was bright and airy, though check in took far too long considering we were among a group of 18 pre-booked as part of a tour.

The first room we were allocated, room 1506 looked brand new, however it stank of sewage. We went to reception and asked to be moved which was done immediately (to the 8th floor), unfortunately it meant we lost out on the view but it was an extremely comfortable room.

The pool and roof terrace were breath taking, I can't comment on the cost or quality of alcohol unfortunately since we didn't have any.

The basement restaurant was beautifully decorated, though a little too bright in my opinion and some of the tables were too close together. We had a set dinner so I can't comment on the variety of dishes, the ones we had were good quality, though I had to season the Vegetable Soup myself since it tasted like the chef had forgotten to! The soft drinks were reasonably priced and the hotel was one of the rare places in Cuba that sells Coca Cola.

The buffet breakfast the following morning had a good selection, I particularly recommend the omelette. If you want tea instead of coffee with your meal, I advise you order it before you get any food, coffee was plenty but they were slow to serve tea (we had to ask 3 times before we got it).

Check out was fast and efficient.

Overall depending on how much it costs, I'd stay here again for a few days.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 15th floor have less of the city noises and an amazing view of the city
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mick_Hu
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We found this hotel at the last minute and so glad that we did . A super location just up the road from the National . Fantastic views from the 14th floor, this hotel is still being renovated so not all floors are open. Seriously comfortable beds. Service from reception to restaurant was genuine and friendly. Outstanding choice of breakfasts , everyone has genuine smiles on their faces and are keen to be of assistance. Would I come here again - absolutely yes !

Stayed: March 2014