3,187 results
All reviews cuban bar superior room main pool cubano swim up bar stayed in building michael jackson show coffee bar big resort foam party a la cartes activity pool cleaning lady beautiful beach great entertainment beef great resort
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Was a trip with 3 other friends. we wanted to go in varadero to have fun and that's what we got. Arriving there even at 2 am we got a nice smile and welcome by the staff.
I and my friend unfortunately got a room that smell maybe there was something but it wasn't any issue when we ask to change for another room just next to are friends. Are cleaning lady , Mady I think but I use to call her Mary not sure!! She was the best. Always around with a smile and are rooms always clean. the lobby is pretty big, in generally the resort is big. In the lobby there's waiters and waitresses serving you if you want a drink or a coffe wal sometimes there's poeple playing Latin music "" Nice vibe I like it very much"".at the corner there's a coffee bar and at the middle but more at the end of the wall there the main big lobby bar. All the staff there wase great but Louis ( skinny tall guy) was the coolest for me. Always smiling and serving you with top notch services and treating you good. At the beach didn't go to much but it a was nice clean and beautiful , and there a nice little bar there to. The snake bar 24 /h is top notch ! I been to snack bars late night and believe me this one for a snake bar is good . Ps take the special xl burger. The buffet is good and the food is good. Staff working there is good. The disco it's a nice place to be at night if you like to dance. There is another main bar area to and a teater for every night shows. The place is so big! AT the pool area there lots of entertainment for adults as for kids from what I seen and they (kids) have there Owen corner. But we stayd most of are time at the pool-bar ..and that's weres the action. That's were you wanna be to meet new poeple and to drink with your friends. You are having a nice drink in the water under the sun and your in vacation and thats why you have to go to the pool bar .. to have a good laugh. Maybe to get drunk Wal you and a new friend talk about anything..for me and are friends we love all the staff from that pool bar they treat us good like the best! But personally are 2 best that we connect alot with was with yohamel and Acuai norte. Yohamel as a big smile, Always happy , always laughing with us and always wanted to see us around the pool. Acuai nortel same thing ! Laughing, making jokes , telling good story's. Great personality that speak actuely alote of language. We spoke all the time In Italian since me and my friends are roots are italian. I'll miss them but I'll come back they made are trip top notch, they made it a level higher. Will come back cuz of them and cuz In over all it was a great hotel for the price ! For entertainment,staff , service I'll give 5 . Food 4 rooms 3.5 ... If your multi-millionaire or you thing you are you might need to go to another hotel cuz the rooms are not the Ritz Carlton. But the Ritz won't offer entertainment as the Grand memories varadero

Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank D8873ZGmikev
Valerio L, Director General at Grand Memories Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Mike V,

First of all , thank you very much for your fantastic review and for sharing your opinión with other travellers.

All team are feel very satisfied with your comment. It is very important for all our staff to know you had a fantastic time at our side. Thank you again for choosing our dear Grand Memories Varadero for your stay. We hope to receive you again very soon in the following future.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This has been my third time at Grand Memories Varadero for work. Being impacted by the beauty of this country and the kindness of the Cubans, I decided to write this comment to share this unique experience with the rest of the world. The hotel is wonderful, has two swimming pools in which activities are prepared at all times and the entertainment lasts until late at night and ends with the theater. One of the best things is undoubtedly the Cuban Bar, where there is live music every day with different bands of salsa, merengue and other Cuban and Latin rhythms. His workers are amazing, especially Yenicelis Fundora, Greter and Arianna. At all times you can feel grateful for the attention of one of the Directors, Mr. Abel Santana, who is always willing to serve all hotel guests. Unfortunately the WiFi is not good, and it has an additional cost, but you really do not need it when you are in a tropical paradise. On cold days like these the beach has not been the best option but you can always go to Varadero which is 20min from the hotel. Definitely a wonderful place to vacation in the Caribbean.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
7  Thank Lewis M

Dear Lewis,

Firstly, We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay.

We are glad to know you had a fantastic vacation with us and to check you could enjoy the facilities and services provided by the hotel. The good service is our DNA, for this reason our priority is to take care of all of our clients. We took note about all your comments as they represent an area of opportunity to improve.

Thank you once again for choosing Grand Memories Varadero. We hope to receive you again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We just got back (Wednesday Jan 10th) Went with hubby and 2 young children. Its a beautiful resort, the grounds are very clean, pools are clean. I would see them being cleaned every morning. Rooms are spacious. Cleaned everyday with fresh towels but floors were just swept but not washed. We always had hot water. We stayed in Block 15. Our cleaning lady was wonderful. Food was good, large variety, don't expect the food to be at its highest quality. Remember it's Cuba and limited to what they have. Children's entertainment was excellent during the day and at night. we never stayed up to go to the 9:30 show but I heard it was excellent. If you have the opportunity take the Havana tour, it was excellent well worth it. Make sure to bring toilet paper as you need to pay or tip to have any toilet paper. One down fall was tipping. They always say any tips are always appreciated but one incident left us speechless and shocked. At the end of our tour to Havana we gave our tour guide a small tip as well as the bus driver. She had the nerve to say "is this all I get, you are giving me what you would give the ladies that give you toilet paper" my husband and I we speechless and shocked. There were many passengers that gave nothing. Left a really bad taste in our mouth. Other than that we enjoyed our trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank 630nancyc
Valerio L, Director General at Grand Memories Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Nancy C,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your opinion with other clients on TripAdvisor.

We are feel very happy to know you had a fantastic vacation with all our team. We work hard daily in order to guarantee you the best experience in Cuba. Thank you so much for your trust and we would like to receive you again in the follwing future at Grand Memories Varadero.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I have been to Cuba 14 times. By far the worst resort I have ever been to
No hot water. Fridge broke toilet broke sink broke. Sewers backed up in pool pool tiles are broken. Food ice cold. Rude service diamond club is a joke.

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank drainman416

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions on tripadvisor with other travellers.
We also would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Cuba.

We would like to apologize for not fulfill your expectations concerning the cold water and other problems you had. Our staff, all of our team we analysed all you comments in order to make improvements in these areas.

Once again, thank you for your trust and we hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

must start off by saying this is by far my favourite resort in varadero (been 3 times) love how its set up like a village. 2 amazing pools and the cubans were just as great as usual and met soooo many people.

Hotel itself 5/5: from our VERY early morning greeting to our VERY late departure the staff was great. only had 1 day at the buffet where we were completely ignored by staff. but other than that most amazing staff. like ive said before with Cuba, treat the cubans good, theyll treat you better!!

Rooms: 3.5/5: now dont get me wrong the rooms were gorgeous. we would ask our maid (with a few pesos) to re stock our fridge and she gave us everything!. my only complaint is that the beds were SOOO uncomfortable. and im a person who can sleep anywhere. they made my fiancees back soo bad every morning. other complaint is that i went use my hair straightener one day and the voltage broke it and now it wont heat up anymore. again going to cuba shouldnt expect everything to work like it does in canada but $200 straightener down the drain just from plugging it in.

Pool: 4/5: there are 2 pools, technically 3 if you stay at the sanctuary which we did not. but our fave pool was the furthest one with the rocks. both have pool bars and the service is awesome. only complaint is there were not enough chairs at all! soo many people (including us) had to sit on the ground. which honestly wasnt horrible when we spent most of the time in the pool.

Food: 2/5 i hate to give a bad review but the only thing that is saving this from being a 1/5 is the italian a la carte. we did it on our last day and OMG soooo good! but the buffet i pretty much describe as something to put in your stomach to later drink. sadly out of the 3 resorts ive stayed at in varadero. this one had the WORST buffet food.

Drinks: 3/5: typical all inclusive resort drinks. but the service if youre friendly and fun with the servers, deserve a 5/5!!

all together i would give this resort a 4/5 .

PS. if you want to go to cuba and youre a picky eater... DONT. pay more for a 5 star in jamaica. but keep in mind. the cubans and the beaches are worth it!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kay H

Dear Kay H,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your opinion regarding your last experience with us.

It's great to listening you again and all our team is very happy to see you had a fantastic stay in Cuba at our hotel. We work every day very hard in order to provide you the best service. For this reason, we are feel very happy for your review.

Thank you for choosing Grand Memories Varadero for your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in Varadero.